Mounted TV to wall

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
I've had a 46" TV standing on top of my rack (between the speakers) for the longest time. Not the ideal situation but the only way it works in our living room. The TV had a gap between it and the wall of about ten inches while it was on the rack. I'd always wondered if that gap was contributing in some way to the sound.

Well, I found out today. I mounted the TV on the wall in an attempt to clear the top shelf of the rack for a tuner I recently purchased. While angels did not sing, a fairly noticeable clearing of the highs occurred and the stage seems to have raised a slight amount which I'm not certain has been for the better. I'll have to more listening to come to a more definite opinion.

Either way, the TV is going to stay on the wall. I don't feel like dragging out the Spackle and paint!

Gordon

Gordon,

NOT having a TV between my Prodigy made a HUGE DIFFERENCE! Sound stage really opened up and all the sounds just seemed more real... Maybe one day I'll have enough money to mount a 70"+ beast on the wall and thus get my wonderful sound stage back again! A man can dream can't he?! :D

Back