Motion 12 vs montage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krell101

Reaction score
Anyone compare both for home theater? I am currently using a Montage for my front and cinema for center. Sound is awesome but saw the Motion12 on sale so wondering is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks in advance

You should find a place and have a listen. I started listening to the 10s/12s and a very nice sound (especially the 12s). I was going to stop there and buy a pair of the 12s but the sales guy wanted me to hear one more ML. So he hooked up the Source; heard the Source and decided against the 12s and to look for something with a panel as there was no comparison (the Source sounded so much better). Then waited for the EM ESLs to come out and listened to them for more comparison and really liked them (better than the Sources and the 12s). Went to a different Best Buy for my wife to have a listen to the Source/EM ESLs and they also had the Vantages in the next room and wow; fantastic. Ended up with Vantages (for the price of the EM ESLs).

I know you are looking for a different comparison (Montage/12s) but you really should have a listen to a panel or two. I did and never looked back. You could pick up Source, EM ESLs, Vistas or Vantages for very nice discounts now.

Latest posts

Back