Monolith III xover calling JonFo intergrating plasma into the mix

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgehifi

Reaction score
Hope you see this JonFo or other for their input.
I now Have a pair of Magnat MP-02 plasma tweeters, I would like to play around integrate them into the ML's
The Magnats from my tests operate from around 5khz>.
I would like to roll off the Monoliths top end without going active and looking at the circuit it seems to me that cap C3 is a bypass cap to lift the ML's top end some by bypassing the 2ohm resistor, can you say at what frequency it comes in, I'm hoping around 6khz. As this graph for a raw panel I think by JonFo shows and droop after 3khz. This could be a starting point for my fooling around.

Cheers George

Attachments

• Monolith III Xover diagram.jpg
    Monolith III Xover diagram.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,469
  • ML raw panel frequency response.jpg
    ML raw panel frequency response.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Hi George, Plasmas, sure seems intriguing. Mating them to the ML will be tricky, and harder yet without going active where you can really control delay (to time align impulses) and slopes and levels of the crossovers.

I'm a zero when it comes to passive crossovers, so don't expect much help on mods to the existing circuit, I just could not give much valid input here. Others here are bona-fide EEs and could give some input.

In general, I expect that this mating would require the finesse of an active to pull it off.

Hi again Jonathan, I emailed ML talked to Scott to find if they had a circuit for the Monolith II HT power supply, but he said it was made by an outside vendor for them and they did not have a circuit diagram they could email me, he sent what's called the "L" bracket though.
By any chance did you map out a circuit for them when you had yours open so many times? Anyway here's all the stuff Jim Power gave me ages ago as well maybe it will help others. Merry Xmas one and all.

Cheers George

Attachments

• monolith 3 passive crossover schematic.PDF
    9.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Martin Logan Monolith 3 L-bracket rev 2.pdf
    16.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Back