MoFi vinyl...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
My last few MoFi vinyl releases have had a noisy background/surface noise. Not unbearable, but definitely there and definitely takes away from the enjoyment. Is anyone else experiencing this with their latest MoFi vinyl?

My last few MoFi vinyl releases have had a noisy background/surface noise. Not unbearable, but definitely there and definitely takes away from the enjoyment. Is anyone else experiencing this with their latest MoFi vinyl?

Not here. What specific titles are you referring to? If I have a copy, I'll check it out.

Some of my older MO-Fi records are some of my noisiest. Steely Dan Aja, John Klemmer Touch, The Bettles Abbey Road, ELP Pictures at an Exhibition just to name a few off the top of my head.

I was wondering if the newer ones had improved. Sound like maybe not.

Chuck

Not here. What specific titles are you referring to? If I have a copy, I'll check it out.

The last two Patricia Barber albums, {Cole Porter & Mythologies). I have many more MoFi albums, most have very low surface noise. I think there are a couple other recent MoFi releases I have that are noisy also, but without listening again, I can't be sure which ones.

Some of my older MO-Fi records are some of my noisiest. Steely Dan Aja, John Klemmer Touch, The Bettles Abbey Road, ELP Pictures at an Exhibition just to name a few off the top of my head.

I was wondering if the newer ones had improved. Sound like maybe not.

Chuck

Most of my MoFis are great, it's just a few that have a bit too much surface noise.

Slowgeezer,

My mobile fidelity purchases are some of the best vinyl I own. I have plenty of "classic" mofi's and lots of the newer titles. Overall they are extremely well done. I do "wash" them as I have a record cleaning machine and go through a ritual and apply LAST record preservative before spinning.

I do get an occasional pop or tick but no complaints other than that.

I have not tried the regular weight "silver" series but on the audio asylum there are some that have some criticism of the silver series.

My 180 grams have been, overall, superb.

Have Fun!

Back