ML Vista rebuild to 220v 50hz

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a good read, I also think that a 12v DC supply feeding an inverter is the best choice, at least for now. Word of advice: get yourself a true sine wave inverter. It'll be quieter generally, and the power supply transformer in your MLs will probably work better. I've found the less expensive square-wave inverters can make transformers growl. It depends on the design though. Not all transformers will do that.
Down the road, though, research a locally sourced transformer that has the right primary and secondary voltages your MLs need, and have a service shop put them in for you.
HTH!:D

What a mess. But ML isn't the only culprit (and culprit they are) both the EU and the US are contributing to this problem.

I guess the best thing for all participants here, to take from this is that due diligence and research must be done if there is a hint of something wrong.

i really look forward to test these babies=)
Just have to wait for the inverters=P

down the road i will upgrade these babies with an correct internal powersupply, just have to save up some cash

Thanks for all the help guys, Merry Christmas to you all!

i really look forward to test these babies=)
Just have to wait for the inverters=P

down the road i will upgrade these babies with an correct internal powersupply, just have to save up some cash

Thanks for all the help guys, Merry Christmas to you all!

Hi Fuzzywolf, have you got them playing yet? Did it work? This was an interessting thread to read.

I had these problems a couple of years ago. First time (2005) I got a pair of Scenarios sent from Florida. Same problem.. needed 60Hz!
I contacted Jim Power at ML, and he helped me without any discussion since the speakers was older than 6 months!

Second time I got a pair of Vantages (2007) from California. Not so easy this time! (They have been more strict over the years, i believe!) Due to the importer they would not help me right away.
I got around the problem by using a friend of mine who is living in the US. I filled out a ML form saying I was moving from the US to Norway and needed a voltage convertion. Sent the curcuit boards to ML with the US adress they should return the converted boards. And had my friend sending them to Norway. Case closed, and I was happy! :)

By the way! I am really satisfied with all my contact with Jim Power/ML. Perfect service!

havent tried yet, because of the the economy... dont have money to buy those things yet=P

which sucks because now i can just look at them....

havent tried yet, because of the the economy... dont have money to buy those things yet=P

which sucks because now i can just look at them....

Too bad!
If you have a friend (maybe a distant relative or maybe a member of the ML club..? ) with a US adress. Then you can use this adress and explain you bought the Ml speaker used some time ago and now you are going to move to Norway... bla bla bla... Then you probably/hopefully can send the backplates/curcutitboards to ML and they will resend to this adress!
Last time they charged me 200 USD /pair for this job.

I can mail jou the application form if you need it (but you will allso get it from ML ofcourse)

jan

Latest posts

Back