ML to raise prices soon?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burke,
I did that almost 2 years ago.
I sold all my Walmart stock and invested everything in mutual funds that invest in only energy and utilities.
Laughing all the way to the bank.:D

Invested all? One of the fundamental rules of investing is not to put all of your eggs in one basket. Oil was $20/ barrel not too long ago. If China, India, and/ or us hit a bump, you can take a very hard hit. Diversification is key.

Invested all? One of the fundamental rules of investing is not to put all of your eggs in one basket. Oil was $20/ barrel not too long ago. If China, India, and/ or us hit a bump, you can take a very hard hit. Diversification is key.

Knowing Wayne and having met with him several times now... I know he's got everything under control.

Invested all?
Invested everything I had in Walmart stock! Not everything I have.
Walmart stock by the way has been very stagnant over the last couple of years, so I made the right choice.

One of the fundamental rules of investing is not to put all of your eggs in one basket. Oil was $20/ barrel not too long ago. If China, India, and/ or us hit a bump, you can take a very hard hit. Diversification is key.

Mutal Funds do the diversifing for you, investing in many different companies.

The bulk of what little money I have is invested in foreign markets.
Money in America is very cheap to get, not so in foreign markets, therefore there is a lot more to be made if you have it in foreign markets. Also the dollar is very very weak right now, so unless you already have money invested outside the country be very careful. I made a killing in the early 90's when the European market converged to one form of currency.

Of course everything is a risk, but you'll never become wealthy if not willing to take those risks.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Not all of ML's line is going to have the price increase. I was able to talk to my dealer today and from what I got:

Summits: No
Vantages: Yes
Vistas: Yes
Grotto i: Yes (all other subwoofers, no)
Motif: No
Stage: Unsure

I am not sure, but I do not think the increase will be hitting the design series and the summits will be staying where they are because of the previous increase. This is what I could remember from our about 5 minute phone conversation.

You're correct on most...the Summits are going up to $11k in the base finishes.

Stage goes to an even $3k.

Buy them before the end of the year if you can...unfortunately I can't.

Latest posts

Back