ML Summit And Bryston

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikolasGreece

Reaction score
Hi every one
can i drive summit with 2 amps one for esl and one for bass ? (2x Bryston 4Bsst-c 2x300w)
or is better 1 more power amp ? (Bryston 7Bsst-c 1x600w)

Ken is correct. The Summit can not be bi-amped, so stated in the manual. The dual binding posts are for bi-wiring ONLY.

Now on the positive side the Summits have built in amps for the bass so they are naturally bi-amped.

Use only one high-quality amp to drive them.

Ken is correct. The Summit can not be bi-amped, so stated in the manual. The dual binding posts are for bi-wiring ONLY.

Now on the positive side the Summits have built in amps for the bass so they are naturally bi-amped.

Use only one high-quality amp to drive them.

so if i use 2 amps is there a problem with the speaker or just no good ?

so if i use 2 amps is there a problem with the speaker or just no good ?

no problem so long as they are configured as 'MonoBlocks', each amp then drives one speaker. Let your ears decide for some stereo amps when configured mono do not sound as good.

I would suspect that your Bryston would have plenty of capability in stereo to drive the Summitts effortlessly.

No

You might damage the speaker if connect more than one amp. I'm not sure but do you really want to find out? Even if the speaker isn't damaged I doubt there would be anything to gain since the woofers are already powered.

Hi every one
can i drive summit with 2 amps one for esl and one for bass ? (2x Bryston 4Bsst-c 2x300w)
or is better 1 more power amp ? (Bryston 7Bsst-c 1x600w)

You could bi-amp, but there'd be no point in this case. Each Summit has a pair of 10" woofers, each driven by its own internal 250W amp.

No, again, as said buy Ken and Burke......M/L recomends AGAINST it.

I'm probably splitting hairs here, but recommending against something doesn't make it not possible. FWIW, I also wouldn't bi-amp the Summits (nor any other speaker which already has a built in amp or amps), so I'm not advocating that the OP does.

It's possible to step out into a busy highway without looking, but I recommend against it. :)

Thank's a lot friends

what you think about the summit 0.7 ohm is it bad for Bryston

Do not worry about it --My brother has a 4bsst driving ML Ascents - and they are a much more difficult load than the Summits. I don't think you are going to gain much by say - purchasing 2 4bssts and setting and bridging them to get 600 watts on each panel (I think that is what or where you were headed)... Not for this speaker anyway - since the summits have the low end amped as the previous posters have stated.... The 4bsst is a VERY powerful amp with tons of headroom...

I own the Quests (which I love) and am running them bi-amped with 2 4B-ST's.....one for the woofers and the other for the panels with absolutley wonderful results. Bryston is a wonderful company with fantastic service. Their gear can beat a lot of stuff that is 3 times the price and built to last 30 years!

HOWEVER, I would not reccomend you run them bridged with your Logan's because that would not yielkd good results when you jack up the volume as you would not be able to produce the current at 2 ohms since this is usually for 8 ohm speakers. You would be better of with 2 7B-ST's (monoblocks) with the voltage switch for speakers from 1 - 3 ohms.

The 4B-ST produces close to 500 watts at 4 ohms so don't worry!

Back