ML Quest speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxspl

Reaction score
Hi, new to the ML forum, I just purchased a used pair of Martin Logan Quest speakers. In the showroom, I went to look at a pair of JM focus speakers and they were OK, but my dealer wanted to get rid of ML because of its size, so he asked me if I wanted to hear something special... ONE MINUTE convinced me that these were the speakers! 12" woofer and a wide deep soundstage, I could not believe the sound. I traded in a pair of JSE infinite slope speakers which were deteriorating and took these home later in my fathers truck. Other than specs, is there certain care that is needed with these speakers, such as dust, moisture (upstairs, not in basement), etc? Thanks.

Equipment used:
Parasound Halo A21 amp (250 w @ 8 ohms),
biwired with cardas quadlink & twinlink speaker cable
Cardas Cross interconnect RCA to CD, XLR to amp
B&K reference 5s pre
Roksan Kandy CD
Monster power HTS 3500

Attachments

• My system.JPG
    My system.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Hi, new to the ML forum, I just purchased a used pair of Martin Logan Quest speakers. In the showroom, I went to look at a pair of JM focus speakers and they were OK, but my dealer wanted to get rid of ML because of its size, so he asked me if I wanted to hear something special... ONE MINUTE convinced me that these were the speakers! 12" woofer and a wide deep soundstage, I could not believe the sound. I traded in a pair of JSE infinite slope speakers which were deteriorating and took these home later in my fathers truck. Other than specs, is there certain care that is needed with these speakers, such as dust, moisture (upstairs, not in basement), etc? Thanks.

Equipment used:
Parasound Halo A21 amp (250 w @ 8 ohms),
biwired with cardas quadlink & twinlink speaker cable
Cardas Cross interconnect RCA to CD, XLR to amp
B&K reference 5s pre
Roksan Kandy CD
Monster power HTS 3500

Well excessive, dust, heat, and moisture will ruin damn any near anything that's electronic.

I'd say excessive moisture is certainly one to avoid, with dust being a close second because that can hinder the sonic performance. But you can avoid a lot of the dust build up by vacuuming the speakers once a month or so. You don't need some machine that creates a ton of suction, just something that clean the front and back of the panels; nothing too aggressive as some ML speakers have anti-resonant devices (clear pieces of plastic) on them that could come off.

Heat is easy enough to fend off with some fans and/or A/C.

Erik

Avoid direct sunlight on the speakers, as the UV will cause the membrane to deteriorate prematurely.

Latest posts

Back