ML Prodigy

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger

Reaction score
Hi!
About to buy a pair of Prodigy. My room size is 12x24 only, normal furnished.

Room to small?

Thanks, Roger,
new MLO member.

Your room is only a little smaller than mine, and I have successfully run Summits in my room - so you should have few problems that some tweaking won't fix.

Thanks - am a little worried about bass response. The Summits are easier to adjust in the bass region.

Excess bass in smaller rooms is always an issue, but the Prodigy has some bass control options. Also, I think the Prodigy is a little leaner in the bass than the Summit.

Put me in a 6X10 room or cell with a good pair of MLs and I will bet you my life I could jam out! I say...learn to adjust yourself...good music..small space...well that works for me! Now where is one of those facial expression emoticons???

I am running Odyssey's in a 12x20 room.I do have 16x78 ASC bass traps in all 4 corners.It helps if you absorb some of the rear wave.I have the bass traps directly behind the Odyssey's absorbing the rear wave with the absorbtive side facing the speaker, the traps in the back of the room have the reflective side of the trap facing into the room.

I owe a huge debt to member Bernard for suggesting to put the tube traps directly behind the speakers to absorb the rear wave, night to day difference.I was amazed to say the least.Many thanks!!!

I think it will work out great for you.Room treatments do make a huge difference to the final outcome of what you hear.

Last edited:
I have the same room approx, I had a pair of Quests with 12inch woofers and the bass was OK because I could reduce it by I think 3db. The prodigy should be fine as they have dual 10 inch woofers but you will need a good amplifier to control the bass as it's passive and you can only increase the bass output on the Prodigy (not decrease it) if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Back