ML owners: Spend my money for me!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flimchance

Reaction score
After my recent acquisition of ML EM's for fronts, ML Motion 8 for center, an Emo XPA-3 amp and an Oppo BDP-103, I'm looking for areas to improve my sound. I'm happy with that front stage lineup so I don't want to change anything. Movies/music is probably 50/50.

Here's the rest of the system:
Front Heights: Polk RC65is
Surrounds: Polk RC85i
Sub: BIC F12
Cabling: Monoprice 12 AWG
Tactile Transducer: 2x Aura Pro Bass Shakers powered by Pyle 2x15 Amp

I was thinking about some room acoustic treatment but I'm not experienced with that stuff and I'd be throwing money in the dark. If you were to upgrade any of the above what would you do?

Hi Flim,

A dangerous request.

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it. :D

Good luck.

GG

plenty of info on the various web sites on room treatments, that's where I'd start…..besides we don't know your budget ??

Buy a calibrated mic (usb is the easiest), download Room EQ Wizard, and then learn how to use it. That way you can see what effect room treatments have. You can also find the best place for your sub with it. In conjunction you could get a MiniDSP or some other PEQ and use REW along with it to generate PEQ filters smooth out your bass for better integration.

Latest posts

Back