ML Logos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsandovalb

Reaction score
Hi guys!,

Currently using a motion 8 with my odyssey. Have a chance to get a used, with cosmetic scars, but still functional Logos... I understand it is discontinued and not supported by ML, saw the thread to change it's panel with another non logos one...

Today I hook it up, and sounds better than the motion 8, more open and with more clarity... which by the way looks diminutive in comparison to this monster!, guess I just want some opinions from people who has used it...

How does it compare to a Motif?, if you can get one pretty cheap... Would you consider it?... Some say that the bigger the better...

General opinions on the Logos??

Thanks a lot!

I would rather have a logos or theater over a motif or matinee that I own any day of the week. The larger panel is going to sound better than the tiny ones on the smaller centers

Hola, I had a Logos, and while it was a great speaker for it's day, I think the newer X-stat panels can give it a run, even in their smaller form factors. I've heard a Motif, but never side-by side (so to speak) with a Logos, so hard to say.

The main issue with a Logos is that single 6.5" mid-bass driver, it runs out of gas at around 90Hz, so cross it over in your processor at 100Hz. Also the panels directly reflected onto the bass enclosure, with horrible comb-filtering. Newer designs like the Motif actually have a sophisticated absorptive material sandwich to mitigate that. there are mods on this forum that show what owners have tried there. But at a minimum some felt on top of a 1/8" open-cell foam would do wonders for it.

All that said, it is definitely more capable than that Motion center :)

Saludos,

Thanks for your input, both of you :)

The motion 8 now is gone to a good home... Will look into the Logos mods and see how I can maximize it's performance.. I was going to buy a new Motif but this Logos came as an option and altough not in best estetic condition, it is functional and eith the savings, I can look into other upgrades/mods without any remorse!

Saludos y gracias!

For our HT I am using a Logos with Electromotion and Helos 100's for side and rear speakers. With movies and TV I have not found any big issue with the difference in generations of speakers. If I put on music that is multi channel there is a noticeable difference. The Logos does not have the brilliance that the Electromotions do.

This Logos was rebuilt about 5 years ago so the age should not be a factor just the technology.

It does have a huge center fill mounted above the TV and blends with the on screen image very will. So if you are using it for HT I think you will be happy, multi channel maybe not so much.

Hi Brad!, thanks for your opinion. I will use it only for HT, and with odyssey as front speakers... So far so good!... For music I am more a stereo guy :)

I have a Logos (befor I had a Cinema) and I have it rebuild by myself ,also change it in a 2 way system. it sounded great ! Look by DIY forum where I placed a tread.

Back