ML Inwall vs. BG Inwall

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2ML

Reaction score
It dawns on me that ML appears to be buying it's tweeters and midranges used in it's inwall speakers from BG.

Can anyone comment on "the rest of the story" regarding speakers from the two companies? Reasons to go toward ML vs BG?

There seems to be little published on the web about BG. No users group like this one.

most of the talk around here is ESL's not much in wall I would recommend you call martin logan and just ask them they are nice to talk to then call that other place and see what they have to say. sometimes you get more if you go straight to the horses mouth

Yeah, I agree with what Fishman said.

Not to sound too dense, but who the hell is "BG"? I tried to think of who you are referring to, but came up with nothing. Not busting your chops, I'm old and feeble and my memory is shot.

BG stands for Bohlender Graebener

They have been producing planar ribbons for a long time.Many high end speaker companies have used their ribbons.Many times it is cheaper for companies to outsource.I do know that partsexpress.com sells them.ML could answer any questions you may have.Good luck.

Yeah, I agree with what Fishman said.

Not to sound too dense, but who the hell is "BG"? I tried to think of who you are referring to, but came up with nothing. Not busting your chops, I'm old and feeble and my memory is shot.

I believe he's referring to Bohlender Graebner.

some of the drivers on that website look awfully similar to the ones in my fresco i's

Frescoes are among the speakers I've been considering.

How do you like them?

they are really awesome! vocals and wind instruments are great really good in fact. they do not do well whith heavy rock or stuff that is strong in the mid range this is where the preface shines over the fresco i's but the fresco's are so much smaller and are great for lcd wall mount or paired with a sub. i have mine setup with the stands

Attachments

• fresco i with depthsmall.JPG
    fresco i with depthsmall.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 129
B&G are OUTSTANDING ribbons. IIRC one of them was working with Carver at the time of the Amazing speakers. I have heard a few 72 inch B&G ribbons and they are damn good, especially with a pair of subs and a line array of mids.

Back