ML In-wall Home Theater advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix3434

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to put together a speaker system for my home theater area in the loft. I don't want to have wires running around, so I was thinking about going via a in-wall system for the most part.

Now, there is not enough clearance below the TV for a passage/ticket. The reason is the TV is on a flat-panel type TV stand (a very cool TV stand which has been bolted to the wall - sort of a second wall) and there is not enough room (based on the dimensions of voyage/ticket) to make it fit between below the TV. But I CAN fit a ML Motion 8 below the TV for the center channel. There IS sufficient room on the L/R of the TV (on the flat-panel TV stand) to fit a Passage/ticket on either side as well (and I prefer the look of passage to a Motion on the L/R sides). Also, due to aesthetic reasons, I do not want to put the center speaker above the TV either. So that is my summary for the aesthetic reasons for my actual question.

So my question is, would the following combination of speakers give me good results (i.e. are they voice matched):
Center: Motion 8
L/R: Passage or Ticket x 2
Rear surround: Helios 100 or 20

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this?

If not, is there any other website that you recommend where I should post this question? Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I want to put together a speaker system for my home theater area in the loft. I don't want to have wires running around, so I was thinking about going via a in-wall system for the most part.

Now, there is not enough clearance below the TV for a passage/ticket. The reason is the TV is on a flat-panel type TV stand (a very cool TV stand which has been bolted to the wall - sort of a second wall) and there is not enough room (based on the dimensions of voyage/ticket) to make it fit between below the TV. But I CAN fit a ML Motion 8 below the TV for the center channel. There IS sufficient room on the L/R of the TV (on the flat-panel TV stand) to fit a Passage/ticket on either side as well (and I prefer the look of passage to a Motion on the L/R sides). Also, due to aesthetic reasons, I do not want to put the center speaker above the TV either. So that is my summary for the aesthetic reasons for my actual question.

So my question is, would the following combination of speakers give me good results (i.e. are they voice matched):
Center: Motion 8
L/R: Passage or Ticket x 2
Rear surround: Helios 100 or 20

Thanks!

Hola... The Passage with the new Motion Series 8 are nice, and with the Helos 100, or the 10 for rears are great too. Try the new sub Dynamo 700. Also it has a possibility to be wire less as an option. I like this, my ears like this combination, but everything is a matter of liking. On the other hand, with the money that you are using here, it would be very difficult to find this clear, great sounding speaker system. Go for it, try to listen it first. Most of the high-end guys here are more electrostatic users, and this is why the have not answer you. I do sell this speakers models here in Costa Rica with great succes. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Now with the setup that we discussed, would you recommend the Motion 8 for the center or an Encore? Any pros/cons? (other than the Encore being heavily discounted now).

Also, what is the "side view" of the Passage/Ticket like? It's covered I hope so that I don't get treated with a view of the inside? Some pictures are misleading that I saw on the net. I haven't yet got a chance to the audio store yet - but will this weekend. :)

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Now with the setup that we discussed, would you recommend the Motion 8 for the center or an Encore? Any pros/cons? (other than the Encore being heavily discounted now).

Also, what is the "side view" of the Passage/Ticket like? It's covered I hope so that I don't get treated with a view of the inside? Some pictures are misleading that I saw on the net. I haven't yet got a chance to the audio store yet - but will this weekend. :)

Well, both models have the same retail price, the difference is basically the tweeter. I do like very much the new Motion 8. The ATF twetter at the Encore is to my ears and liking, somehow too bright. Bu this is my liking, and not necessary yours. The look at the Motion 8 also, I do like it better. Do this, trust your ears, listen both, and choose the one that you liked most. Martin Logan is very honest and trusty. It is quality than quantity. Happy listening, Roberto.

Hi Roberto,

The sides are not covered but have to try hard to see inside. ( I'm looking at mine while I 'm writing this.)

Hey Phoenix...What did you end up doing? I'm thinking about running 2 Passages as L/R and a motion 8 or C as fronts. Also thinking about doing 3 Frescos as L/R/C.

Please give us an update!:music:

Back