ML Dust prevention

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnauzer/lover

Reaction score
My Martin Logan speakers came with some pretty nice dust covers, just wondering if most of you keep your ML covered all the time when not in use?

Yep, usually. When I'm not listening for long periods (like during the week) I cover them, but when I'm using them constantly (like on the weekend) I leave them uncovered.

Yep, usually. When I'm not listening for long periods (like during the week) I cover them, but when I'm using them constantly (like on the weekend) I leave them uncovered.

I'd never considered this before, but what you suggest sounds like excellent advice. I'll be sure to follow it when my Spires get here!

It probably isn't a big deal, and I don't know if Martin Logan mentions it anywhere, but many manufacturers recommend not covering electronics while they are plugged in.

It probably isn't a big deal, and I don't know if Martin Logan mentions it anywhere, but many manufacturers recommend not covering electronics while they are plugged in.

When not used for a while (and covered), I usually unplug mine as well (standby current). It's a wastage thing - I'm not a greenie, and I don't need to save 5c on my power bill - I just don't like wastage!

I usually turn off the switch to the speakers every day after listening (when I remember) and turn them on in the evening when I return from work (about an hour before listening).

I was told that by constantly putting on and taking off covers especially if they are plastic will cause static that will attract more dust! I suppose that if you don't use them much it is a good idea.

I have a dedicated room that has NO rugs and the door is always closed and only I can go in. The kids know that if they even open the door I will sell them!!!!

I also vacum twice a month but the room has extremely little dust. I would probablycover them if they were in a main room with constant trafic but I am not sure that taking them off and putting them on stirs up crap on its own!?

Just an up date, I do like keeping my ML, covered all the time when not in use, but do not like the idea of having to unplug them every time. So I spoke to a ML tech. support guy and was told I do not have to unplug them or keep switching them on and off, so thats good to know.

I have a dedicated room that has NO rugs and the door is always closed and only I can go in. The kids know that if they even open the door I will sell them!!!!

Selling the speakers or the kids? ;)

Back