Mid-Atlantic 'Mini Meet'

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Well Erik was kind enough to have Dan (DTB300) and myself over to listen to his latest addition to the family....his new ARC LS-2. Teamed up with his recently modified Sony CDP and his newly acquired Sunfire amp from Cherian we were listening to some great music, alot of which Dan brought along for auditioning. I really enjoyed the Jane Monheit Cd that "JeffZ" had recomended to Dan as well as the "Gerry Mulligan meets Ben Webster" compulation from the late fifties.

Now I know you Chgo guys have been pretty active as of late so in order to 'one-up ya' we added 'beauty' to our gathering.....namely Dan's wife and daughter as well as Erik's girlfriend !!

We had a good time , good sound and some good food !

Thanks Erik !!

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Taking A Chance On Love - Jane Monheit

Mulligan meets Webster - MoFi

Attachments

• 524144.jpg
    524144.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 89
  • mob-644.jpg
    mob-644.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Well Erik was kind enough to have Dan (DTB300) and myself over to listen to his latest addition to the family....his new ARC LS-2. Teamed up with his recently modified Sony CDP and his newly acquired Sunfire amp from Cherian we were listening to some great music, alot of which Dan brought along for auditioning. I really enjoyed the Jane Monheit Cd that "JeffZ" had recommended to Dan as well as the "Gerry Mulligan meets Ben Webster" compilation from the late fifties.
I posted above about the Jane Monheit CD, and the Mulligan meets Webster is a MoFi disc which still can be purchased for $50.

The time at Erik's, once again, was a great time, and a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. His system has taken another great step forward and Erik is now well into the "Audiophile-Aholics" club. We will continue to try to help Erik spend his hard earned money on audio instead of trying to pay off those silly college loans!!! Priorities my man, priorities!!!:D

Last time I was at Erik's with my daughter Linnea, his Pre Amp was a Yamaha something or other and he had just received the Sunfire from Cherian. Now that that ARC is in place, the system sounds even better than last time I was over. All in all, he has found a good synergy with the components he is now using and is enjoying the benefits of good sounding music. I also brought over some cables (ic and speaker) I am no longer using for Erik to try out to see what he likes and keep in his setup. He has initially found he likes the Kimber Kable IC's but is waiting for more cash to purchase the additional ones he needs.

The only complaint of the day I had, is the man has very little source to listen to. Dude, get out and buy some music :music: !!! Sorry Erik, could not resist the dig at ya!!!!

The food Erik and Christine feed us with was very good, as Erik showed off his BBQ-ing skills (think Tim Allen grunt here), and Christine made some great potato salad and killer chocolate chip cookies. There was plenty to eat and drink while we listened to music and discussed some things about audio.

Thanks again to Erik and Christine for hosting and feeding the gang.

Taking A Chance On Love - Jane Monheit........
Great CD. I particularly like the scat singing she does at the end of the title track. She also does a great job of "Misty" on a Mark O'Connors CD.

BTW Dave, which one are you in the pictures ?

BTW Dave, which one are you in the pictures ?

I'm the one wearing the Buffalo Bills shirt, you know the team that just had their butts handed to them by the Patriots last nite !!

Back