Michell Tenderfeet

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonergan2468

Reaction score
Still waiting for my Quest Z panels to run in. I turned the volume up higher than my usual listening level and observed what was more than likely feedback. So i have placed these cones which were in a drawer for the last few years underneath the speakers. I will be listening in a little while when my wife moves from the sofa and television.
Just wondering if any members have supported their speakers on thes econes, any audible benifits?

As opposed to what? The stock spikes or no spikes? I don't see how they could possibly sound noticeably different than the stock spikes. But any spikes should make a positive audible difference over no spikes.

Also, in your first post, you stated you thought you were hearing feedback. How could speaker cones help with that issue? The purpose of the cones and spikes is vibration isolation through proper solid contact between the speaker and the floor.

As opposed to what? The stock spikes or no spikes? I don't see how they could possibly sound noticeably different than the stock spikes. But any spikes should make a positive audible difference over no spikes.

Also, in your first post, you stated you thought you were hearing feedback. How could speaker cones help with that issue? The purpose of the cones and spikes is vibration isolation through proper solid contact between the speaker and the floor.

Thanks Rich

My speakers did not have stock spikes to begin with (some strange supports that look like small door nobs) My flooring is laminate. Of course the panels are still running in, and obviously there will be an improved difference in the sound. The Michell tenderfeet are obviously an improvement over the previous supports.
I was just not happy with those awful door knob things.

Ahhh, now I understand. Yes, the spikes should provide a noticeable improvement over the flat feet. And no doubt the panel breaking in will improve the sound even more. Enjoy.

Back