Martin Logans sound a bit dull after party?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ukswede

Reaction score
Hi

I had a party over weekend and my ML Ascents seem to have lost clarity and seem a bit muffled. They are driven by Exposure Dual Regulated IV

Sound is coming through the panels but seems dull and lacking top end

Can Electostatics be over driven? I guess so, what are the symptoms of something broken. In a normal speaker the tweeter goes so it is easy

Or maybe it is just me my ears are ringing...

Any help would be appreciated

In the future, I wouldn't use excessive volumes like that.Wait until your ears are back to normal to listen again, hopefully, you haven't done permanent damage to your ears as well as your speakers.

Maybe your into a 2 day hangover as well.

dull sounding speakers

Party huh? I've heard smoking is a big no no for these speakers. I'd rather it be the speakers than your ears!

Based on everything I've heard over the past 25 years or so, you can't hurt the panel with excessive volume.

Party huh? I've heard smoking is a big no no for these speakers. I'd rather it be the speakers than your ears!

I would be concerned about the above point. If there was a lot of smoking, you may want to look into methods of cleaning the panels.

Hopefully you were only kidding about your ears ringing:eek:.

I was told once that any time your ears ring you lose the ability to hear the frequency that you hear ringing. I'm not sure how accurate this statement is, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Probably just need to clean your speakers, maybe a good wash. Should be a simple fix.

Hey UKswede,

Not familiar with the Exposure Dual Regulated IV, but if you are overdriving the amp, the distortion could fry your amp as well as your ears. I say more clean power and acoustic treatments for your room. :D

Rock on...

Satch

My ears did not ring,and there was no smoking. I will vacuum them and see. They have been off for the last day lets see...

Back