Martin Logan's ..power cable choice.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Amir,

If you google Shunyata Research and click on the Venom 3, you will hopefully find the information you need.

I agree that the "wire" world, and cost thereof, is silly. A healthy bit of skepticism is well warranted.

For this particular product, the cost is $100 with a 30 day money back from Music Direct.

There are also other "reasonable" wire manufacturers such as Anti-Cable, DH Labs, and Signal Cable, etc. that offer similar products at sane prices.

Best,

Gordon

I have pretty tweaked out electricity. The speakers are hooked up to dedicated lines and they emanate through this chain typed below.

I really believe that this is where you start if you want to go with power cords. Start with dedicated lines.

I can A/B against the common 15A receptacles that are hooked up to the house wiring and the following setup typed below. Both types of feeds are only a few feet away from each other on the same wall. What a big difference.

Panel
20 amp breakers
Oversized Sola Isolation transformer for only the low power consumption receptacles.
8 guage solid copper.
R1 receptacles.
Elrod statement 1.
Sound Application Linestage.

Power cord to clsIIz speaker.

I can only speak for the wires I have tried.

I have tried Granite Audio 555, Elrod Sig 2, Elrod Statement 2, Purist Dominus Ferox, Au24, early Shunyata Cobra, and the Kubala Sosna emotions. I really like the Kubala Sosna Emotions the best. They were closest to the Statement 2, and lastly the Granite 555 would be the best value, but not in the same league.

The Dominus Ferox might be the best to use if you don’t have a dedicated line or if your sound is a bit lean. It pulls out a lot of the mid bass existing in the speaker. At the time I used the Dominus in my stereo, I had already taken care of any of that lean sound, so the Dominus would have caused too many other things to be substituted in order for synergy.

I hope I am writing properly as I am cranking this out before my next meeting and he just walked in. I might edit this later on. Later!

Latest posts

Back