Martin Logan System featured on IGN Ultimate Setup

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KC, with the placement changes and removal of the TV do you feel the sound has improved? How has it changed?

I honestly haven't had a chance to listen yet. My projector doesn't get delivered until today, so I've still had my TV in the room sitting on the floor in front of the left speaker.

As far as pushing the TV back and covering it with a blanket for 2 channel listening.....that's just anally retarded. You may be right and that may be something you'd do.....but no thank you.

Scott,
Call me anally retarded, but for some reason I decided to throw a blanket over the TV last night and I like what I heard. Wife thinks I'm nuts.
Next experiment pull the TV and treat the front wall in between the speakers.
If I like.........

I will soon have a front projector set-up (screen comes today, pj tomorrow).

Projector might be the way to go, I'd have the best of both worlds, a 2 channel system with no obstacles in between the speakers and a HT when I need it.My room is dark enough for a projector. Could pull the center off the wall and place on my component cabinet.
Hope I'm not coming down with the dreaded Joeyitis.
Can't afford to catch the disease, Oldest Son starting college
Must stay off the site
Must stay off this site

Ok, I finally got everything set up. Here are new pics with the Carada Criterion 100" 16:9 BW screen and Panasonic PT-AE2000U 1080p projector.

CIMG1225.jpg

CIMG1235.jpg

CIMG1228.jpg

CIMG1239.jpg

Nice setup KC! I made some very similar choices myself.

One challenge I had was not enough room to move the speakers (Ascent i) far enough away from the front wall, which left it overly bright and confused imaging. I used some heavy drapes along the wall, and then the hung FP screen just in front of that. It made a huge difference in stereo imaging as well as giving that "theater" feeling to the room.

Some day I'll even have pictures! :)

Back