Martin Logan dealer demo cost

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce Weiland said:
That is what I thought. Thanks for the info. The good news is the dealer got a very small profit on his demos and got his cash out so he can do something else with it, like eat. And... I got a deal I am very happy with on essentillly new speakers that are all I could hope for.

A friend of mine from the SF area (ML and ARC owner) was down two weekends ago for the HE2006 show. We have been to many of them and were to the last one, here in LA, put on by Stereophile about 7 years ago.

There were less than half the exihibitors. We only had Sat. and Sun. to get to the show. We started Sat. morning about 10 am. After the first few rooms. We started scratching our heads and wondering if we had lost our hearing (both in our very late 50's) or had just become too jaded.

By 1 pm we were done and could not think of anything we wanted to go back and listen too, with one exception.

So, we went to my house and tweaked my system some. When we were done we liked it better than any of the $200,000 plus systems (or lessor systems) we had heard on Sat. Sunday we made some additional improvements.

We just could not see/hear what people were so excited in a number of the rooms we visited.

$6,600 is a good price for such a great speaker. With so few hours on it, then it likely was $11,000. A $1,100 profit for a demo unit that cost $11,000 MSRP is an amazing deal. You should thank your wife.

I've been to a lot of shows, and shows aren't the best place to hear. Room acoustics are always going against the manufacturer. I goto shows to hear from my reps about what is new, whats coming, and to SEE the new video technology. Because they generally do a great job creating dark environments to witness the new 1080p projectors, etc.

The Prodigy is an amazing speaker, in some ways I miss mine. The Summits are better, but I really loved the Prodigy I owned. Even though I went for better, each time I walk in the room I feel like I'm missing something. Then I turn on the system and forget everything.

Back