Logan placement/ the sweet spot/ and rear ML placements

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Reaction score
Ok so I have a need your help I have a rectangle shaped room that I am planning to place my HT in. One wall does have a angled shaped wall so its a little more than just a rectangle.

<-14ft->
-------------------------------------------- \
....................|..................................\ fireplace
....................|...................................\ 5ft 8in
..................14ft.................................|
....................|.................................door
....................|...................................|
....................|.............................48in window
--door--------------------------------------- |
<-12ft 10in->

The cable jack is on the 14ft wall so thats the side I plan on using to set-up everything. I was planning was to place my couch on the 12ft wall and placing my Aerius i for my rear surround.
So here is my question- can the rear surround speakers be placed without the sweet spot being focused in on? I am running Sequel II for the mains and an Logos for the center. Thanks all for the help and sry for the crude drawling.
Nik

Edit: Can we just start a "Stoopid Question Thread" for the simple one answer questions so I don't have to keep starting new threads for simple one/ two answer questions?

Last edited:
Ok so I have a need your help I have a rectangle shaped room that I am planning to place my HT in. One wall does have a angled shaped wall so its a little more than just a rectangle.

<-14ft->
-------------------------------------------- \
....................|..................................\ fireplace
....................|...................................\ 5ft 8in
..................14ft.................................|
....................|.................................door
....................|.............................48in window
--door--------------------------------------- |
<-12ft 10in->

The cable jack is on the 14ft wall so thats the side I plan on using to set-up everything. I was planning was to place my couch on the 12ft wall and placing my Aerius i for my rear surround.
So here is my question- can the rear surround speakers be placed without the sweet spot being focused in on? I am running Sequel II for the mains and an Logos for the center. Thanks all for the help and sry for the crude drawling.
Nik

Edit: Can we just start a "Stoopid Question Thread" for the simple one answer questions so I don't have to keep starting new threads for simple one/ two answer questions?
Hola Nik...just remember that the sound travels the air in a direct line. But you can increase the level of the rear speakers to the desire level, to match the difference in distance and sound. Just point them to your favorite seat. Trust your ears!!! They will tell you the truth of your sound. You have in your receiver all the level adjustments for the proper setting. Usually when you measure with test instruments, you use only one level,they measure the wrong things, and not the good ones, as an example, how do they can measure the feeling of the musician(s) playing for you there? We have not such test instrument...so trust your ears!!! They will guide you for the right adjustments...because ML is a dipolar speaker, use the benefit of this feature, like setting the front at least one meter away of their back wall...happy listening,
Roberto.

So should the rear channels point into the center of the room at an angle like the front speakers and then adjust from there- I understand it from the aspect of Script i and in-walls like the Passage but unsure since I am using a "front" speaker for my rears.
Nik

So should the rear channels point into the center of the room at an angle like the front speakers and then adjust from there- I understand it from the aspect of Script i and in-walls like the Passage but unsure since I am using a "front" speaker for my rears.
Nik

Nik, point them where you are going to be seated, are you going to be seated at the center of the room? If the answer is yes, then point them to there. And with the speaker´s level control, adjust the volume in such way that are just a little less than the front speakers. Remember that the surround speakers are for ambiance and you should not listen any musician(s) from there, just clappings, like to be at the event...musician(s) at front and you are surrounded by people. Hope this can help, happy listening,
Roberto.

Back