Llano Grape Day @ Llano Estacado Winery- Lubbock, Tx

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Reaction score
Lubbock is home to two wineries in West Texas and on October 18 was their "Grape Day", a celebration of the harvest and a salute to the local community which supports the wine industry. This is a great local company that is fully supported in the community. Most of the finest restaurants in Lubbock carry their wines to compliment your meal or for socializing.

They have many special wines that have a special taste that the West Texas growing provide. I am by NO means a wine connoisseur and really only enjoy them with a good diner. The price point is on the lower side but still good wine! Admission was $5 and each glass was $2. There was also West Texas bbq and other tasting treats.

DSCN0044.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

3 acres "Home Estate Vineyard"
DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

30,000 square feet of facilities on 15 acres including administrative offices, tasting room, and production facilities. The production facilities are capable of producing over 125,000 cases of wine per year. (from Llano website)

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

Those barrels hold 150 gallons of wine each!
DSCN0050.jpg

My date reading about the Wine Lab.
DSCN0051.jpg

My date and I (name is Nik) enjoying music and drinking our wine! Music guest were the Maines Brothers who are related to Natalie Maines of Dixie Chicks.

The music and food were great and a good way to watch Texas Tech beat A&M while enjoying the great weather! Purchased some wine for the casa and some dips as well (they have awesome Chardonnay Jalapeno Mustard). Overall a great day!

I never realized that there was wine made in Texas; I thought that the weather was all wrong for grape growing.

Back