Listening room from hell?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Check out this "unique" listening room, and the owners comments about his tweaks, including the violin and egg crates! For those of you battling spouses/significant others over room treatments, you can now prove to them that it could always be worse!

Here's the link... http://www.stereopal.com/HomeVisit/William.htm

Attachments

• AudioRoomFromHell (Medium).jpg
    AudioRoomFromHell (Medium).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:
All that work, and that's the best he could come up with? That's kind of sad...

IIRC egg cartons are a major fire hazard.

Interesting use of a violin. Anyone here have a violin he could use and report back on the results ?

Yes, but I'm not mounting my wife's extremely expensive and sentimental Italian one up on the wall. That, and I would feel stupid succumbing to a "tweak" like that.....

Did you see the other system on there with musical instruments all around the room?

Yes, but I'm not mounting my wife's extremely expensive and sentimental Italian one up on the wall. That, and I would feel stupid succumbing to a "tweak" like that.....
The rest of the world probably thinks we are stupid anyway, so go for it ! :eek:

Did you see the other system on there with musical instruments all around the room?
No, too many to go through. I noticed, though, that most of these guys are from Toronto or its suburbs.

at the risk of attack

It looks terrible but how does it sound? I bet it sounds great! angled walls,high ceilings and a lot of room around the speakers! a little egg carton treatment on the walls I have a feelling it sounds good and if you are blind who who cares! it really could belong to a blind person there is no video and I am sure that there are blind audiophiles.

good thing that there are no logans present that may be a crime

Last edited:
it really could belong to a blind person there is no video and I am sure that there are blind audiophiles.

You'd really think there would be a lot of blind audiophiles. If I was missing one sense, I'd make sure I appreciated the other ones all the more. And one of the ways to do that is to ensure your ears don't get abuse from cheap audio!

Egg cartons are a well-known cheap'n'cheerful way of 'treating' a room.

I've done it, but I was 15 at the time. :p

Just because something is better than nothing, doesn't make it the best option though - some DIY basstraps would go a long way.
The violin is a nice touch. I wonder if the vocal depth changes as you move it forwards/backwards. And what about using a guitar instead? will the vocals become more 'throaty'?
Questions, questions...

Latest posts

Back