Kudos to Jason and his SPIKES!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK..m aerius have 2 spikes at the front, and 1 at the rear, so I would need 1 extra long spike at the rear to tilt the speaker forward??

yes, and then drop the front if you need more tilt.

A No Brainer

Jason's custom spikes are extra-long versions, used specifically for the rear of the Summits, to tilt the panels towards a more vertical plane. For many of us, this simple tweak significantly improves the clarity, tonal balance, and soundstage depth. Many of the earlier ML designs utilized a (near) vertical stance with their default spikes, but the default Summit spikes don't provide enough range in adjustment. The new Purity and Source models have reversible bases, allowing either a backward tilt or full upright position. Hopefully all future models will also incorporate that flexibility.

Huey,

This tweak is an absolute no brainer, as they say in the USA. When I had the SL3's, I installed the Mapleshade brass cones in the front with the two back cones shimmed by brass nuts in the back.

There are many ways of achieving a vertical tilt on the ML's. The key is that it is done in a manner that is as "rigid" as possible to eliminate any floor / speaker vibrations to the extent possible. Please PM me, if you would like, and I can give you the details on how you can accomplish this with the Mapleshade brass cones.

The ultimate goal is to get the panel vertical angle as close to perpendicular as possible.

Best regards,

GG

Back