Krell Evolution 402 or Pass Labs X350.5?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterpioli

Reaction score
Has anyone compared the Krell Evolution 402 against the Pass Labs X350.5 with any Martin Logan speakers? I'd like to know your thoughts on the difference between the amplifiers.

Has anyone compared the Krell Evolution 402 against the Pass Labs X350.5 with any Martin Logan speakers? I'd like to know your thoughts on the difference between the amplifiers.

I don't know much about the newer Krell but the Pass is almost a no brainer IMO. IF you want to go one step up then that though I would go the Clayton Audio route. Pure Class A SS mono's...:D That's what I did and couldn't be happier.

We've got some clayton amps on the way for review....

Have heard all very positive comments!

Haven't heard the recent Krell stuff and I'm a fan of anything that
comes from Nelson pass.

Currently very happy with a CJ Premier 350 and have their new ET250
which is a SS amp with a pair of 6922's in the driver stage. Also very
nice!

Too many good choices, not enough time....

I've seen many positive comments on the Pass Labs X350.5 (Sound Labs used them to demo), but nothing on the Krell Evolution 402. With Krell dealer distribution, I assume Krell has sold many more Evolution 402s than Pass Labs has X350.5s. In the past I've heard the Krell FPB 400cx and thought it sounded great. I don't how the new EVO stuff sounds.

you REALLY need to listen to the Clayton's.....

Latest posts

Back