Kick me in the Butt

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnauzer/lover

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen my post having trouble with my depthi, not sure if it is working properly and if it is as good as my Def SuperCube. I finally got my Guru from local audio to come out and listen the the Depthi. Thats where I buy all my audio. And he carries the Paradigm Signature Servo sub-woofer. After listening making ajustments then listening, he said this, " that is some tight bass and not as boomy as the sig. Don't tell anyone but I would take it over the Paradigm. Wow, he said there is absolutly nothing to be checked out on it and it was really sounding good even though it is hardly close to being broken in! So, I must apologize for the questions, most of you were surprised I even thought the depth did not sound right. May be that I heard one too many explosions with the Def-superC. Bob

That's good news SL and always nice to have such good dealer service. It is always tough to set up and integrate a sub; until that is done right they can sound terrible. Enjoy...

Glad to hear that SL! You will have alot of good listening times with that sub. Enjoy:music:.

Glen

I recently replaced my SuperCube II with a Depth i and I'd say there's no comparison. Everything sounds better... Movies, music, you name it. Of course the SuperCube II isn't quite as beefy as the SuperCube but I would still expect there to be a noticable upgrade with the Depth.

-steve

I am curious what your settings are at now and approximately where your depth is in your room. I have a depth as well , but I am far done from dialing it in. Would be interested in the location, side wall, centered between speakers or the corner??

Thanks, Greg

I have the Dephi in the back wall corner, my settings I am sure are not at there best, 25 HZ=0,Level=5,low pass=35,Phase=off. You have no idea where the bass is emanating from. I will say I have been into audio for thirty years and I never found speakers that would put out a good bass, but not over power the mids and highs, and at the same time the mids not dominate everything above sub-level. Also a speaker that would allow me to play at lower levers and still be crystal clear. Because I have tinnitus in the right ear. Well was I infor the surprise of a life time, not only does the ML play incredibly well at low, but with the Buttler 2250 tube power amp thats delivers 400watts at 4ohms X2, I am able to play at higher lever ever. It does somthing to the high edges that my ears can tolerate more volume. I also have about 500 CDs I rate from one to five stars, for both sound and acoustics, now my whole rating system has to be redone, most have to be raised!!! And most of all the ML are all American made!!!! Sorry Japan!!:music:

Back