Just an update: I'm engaged!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Nice to see my longest running legacy of a thread is the "Are we still in a recession" bit.... lol.

Anyway, I got a few PMs about updating the crew and I do have some news in my life.

No, I did not drop out of the face of the Earth...

I actually got engaged to my long time girlfriend 1.5 months ago - yes, the same one who prevented me from making it to Burke's (I still remember) a few years back. LOL! ;)

For those who forgot, I sold the entire system that I had been working on for so long - as chronicled on this site - and I churned every penny from that fire sale into her engagement ring.

Good news is that she adores the ring and the meaning behind it. :cool:

Bad new is that I'm still out of a bonafide system. :(

However, I've been reading up and trying to keep up with the game - it's not much longer now before a rebuild will be had as residency is going great and I'm approaching the midpoint.

Anyway, good to see everyone's busy and running about. Good to see Tom's site as perky as ever.

:D

Joey

Congrats! Perhaps you'll consider a honeymoon in Lawrence, KS (to pick out your future CLX), and don't forget to sign up on the Audiogon Wedding Registry! :D

Take care!

Dang Joey! That must be some nice ring...:D!!!

Your old SLP-98P with NOS tubes sounds great with my new Spires.

Congrats. All the best to you Little Brother and to your Bride to be.

Ray

Congratulations, Joey. I'm very happy for you. Glad to hear residency is going well too. Can't wait for you to start making some real money so we can help you spend it . . . I mean, so we can help you make some intelligent decisions in building the next audio system of your dreams. I'm thinking a huge dedicated room full of acoustic treatments, with a pair of Anniversary CLX, maybe driven by a pair of Pass Labs XA-160.5 monoblocs, with a ARC Ref 5 pre, maybe a sooloos music server as a source . . . ahhh, but I digress. Anyway, congratulations.

Congrats! At the same time you were getting engaged, I was trying to trade my wife in using the 'cash for clunkers' program, but she was too old.:D

Congratulations Joey! I hope you did not have to hock the Rolex too to pay for the ring!

Joey welcome to a different kind of club!!! So when is the big day?

Congrats, Joey. Good to hear from you with the good news. It would be great to have you post on a regular basis and bring some sanity back to this.

Congratulations Joey! Got a date set?

Joey, don't listen to SCompRacer! You should not be doing any more dating now that you are engaged.

Do not set up any more dates or your fiance will kill you.

Seriously, good for you. All the best buddy.

Joey,

Although you have posted on my threads only a couple times since you went on hiatus from ML, I think I can say that marriage, which is what comes after the engagement, is kind of like the episode of the Twilight Zone, "To Serve Man".

For those unfamiliar with this episode "To Serve Man" is the title of a book given to humanity by aliens visiting earth for the first time. It sounds like a very worthy book title and everyone assumes the best intentions and have high expectations, kind of like marriage, but when it turns out that "to Serve Man" is actually a cookbook, well some are okay with that like the main character on that episode and some aren't, but here's to hoping you are okay with that.:D

Good luck Joey and that is from someone who has been cooked for over 25 years to the same chef......I mean wife.

Hi Guy

Well congratulations! I hope she is able to endure being a medical widow!...that's coming from a medical widower...LOL

Perhaps you should set up your next system in your office at the hospital like House did...lol

Joey..."Pops" here ...... Congrats !!!! best of luck !

Way to go, Joey! :clap:

My heartfelt congratulations. I've been lucky enough to be married to the same lovely lady for over 42 years now, and I can only hope you'll be just as fortunate.

And I have to tell you; selling your treasued system you'd spent years building, and then using that money to buy an engagement ring? My guess is that told your lady much more than just words what she meant to you. Ranks right up there with one of the more romantic things I've heard, actually.

Back