JRiver / Yamaha SACD player dropouts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harveyn

Reaction score
I am running JRiver v 19 on a PC playing into a Yamaha SACD player using the Steinberg USB driver.

Everything was working fine until a month ago when the hard drive died. I have since replaced the hard drive with a solid state drive. Previously JRiver read the Flac files from an internal hard drive but now I am using an external hard driver.

I have been getting regular dropouts under the new configuration and never had them before. Buffers have been set to the highest values and the play from memory option in JRiver is set.

I will soon start to try to narrow down the source of the problem but I know it is related to the PC as I don't get drops playing music from my laptop.

Would appreciate any suggestions about what to check first.

Sorry to drift from your query, but what model player do you have, and what does the Steinberg USB driver do? Use the DACs in the SACD Player, or Run SA Files through JRiver?

Last edited:
Sorry to drift from your query, but what model player do you have, and what does the Steinberg USB driver do? Use the DACs in the SACD Player, or Run SA Files through JRiver?

I have a Yamaha CDS 3000. The Steinberg just uses the DACS in the player. It is the driver specified for the SACD player.

Back