Jim Power is RETIRING!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,

You have been a tremendous asset to Martin Logan.

I have been extremely impressed with your prompt and efficient assistance in dealing with my issues with the Summits over the past couple of years.

You not only deal with the problems but more impressively follow-up after to ensure the issue is addressed.

As I mentioned in a email to you recently if you ever make it up to Alaska it would be my pleasure to take you out Salmon fishing.

Nothing but best wishes to you in retirement. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Jim, I wish you all the best in your retirement and appreciate the personal and excellent support you've provide and also the time you took out of your day talk with us during our tour of the ML facility a couple of years ago. I've also had the privilege to work with Melodie a couple of times know that the customer service department remains in very capable hands.

Warm regards,
Craig

Congratulations on a well deserved retirement. You have consistenly gone above and beyond the call of duty. I've persoanlly been dealing with you for over a decade and you have always been a wealth of information and always with a smile. The latest being the aquisition of the ebony trimmed Prodigy's. Thank you for all you've done for me and every other Martin Logan enthusiast. You helped make Martin Logan what it is today.

Aside from founders Gayle and Ron, I think Jim is/was the heart and soul of ML, and established the "gold standard" for customer service and support for the entire high-end audio industry (in fact, all other industries for that matter). In my personal dealings with him he was always gracious and helpful, even though many of my issues concerned a pair of used Summits that I acquired from a fellow MLOC member. I'm saddened to hear he's leaving, but am honored to have met him during our Lawrence visit, and am certain he'll leave his permanent imprint on the brand. IMHO, I think ML should give Jim a pair of 25th Anniversary CLX's (or the speakers of his choice), honoring him for his years of dedicated service to ML, and the LEGIONS of customers for whom he provided stellar support!

Jim, enjoy your well-deserved retirement, and I wish you continued health, happiness, and musical and personal fulfillment in the years ahead.

Jim,
While you may not remember my questions and issues (they were a big deal for me at the time) you were extremely helpfull and knowledgeble. You're years of knowledge and experience will be missed.

Good luck with your retirement.

Bob

Bob,

I feel exactly the same way...the questions I asked were probably nothing more than a blip on Jim's radar but they were BIG TO ME and he was always ready to help. Either on the phone or over email! What a guy!

I sent him an email thanking him for making my ML experience so GREAT!

I hope Jim is as successful in his retirement as he has been in his career. What an incredible person and truly one of the cornerstones of ML's success over the years. I wish him much happiness in his future.

Jim,

Thanks for all your help over the years with questions regarding my Sequels, your enthusiastic customer service is what kept me on the ML band wagon.

I hope ML gave you a gold plated set of CLXs as a retirement gift!!!!!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown

I echo all these sentiments and hope that Jim enjoys his retirement. He was a tremendous asset to ML owners and helped me numerous times, always with a smile!

All the best!

To me there are no words to say how I feel about Jim and his attitude towards support and his support to all ML owners. He is a one of a kind individual and will be missed by all. Maybe he can spend more time wit his bees now and just take it easy. The last time I had talked with Jim he still had his original Sequels II's (?) and was still happy. :music:

No matter what he does in retirement, he will excel.

Good luck my friend and proud to have crossed paths in this life.

On a similar note, I too have dealt with Melodie and she is first rate and no doubt will continue all in her efforts to make ML customer service great for years to come. Congrats to Melodie too!!

Jeff:cool:

Hmmmm.....maybe now he'll have some time to register with the club here, post his system and add his comments/opinions to our kaos.....

Come on Jim.....You know you want to.....:devil: :bowdown: :D

Jim, I also add my heartfelt thanks for the nearly two decades of outstanding service I've enjoyed from you and your fellow travelers at MartinLogan.

I especially appreciate the patience and assistance helping DIY'ers like myself get the most out of our MartinLogans.

You are truly an inspiration to the art of Customer Service, and you will be missed. :bowdown:

I wish you the very best in your well deserved retirement.

And if you want to hang out with the rest of us on this forum, well we'd love to have you join the conversation.

Jim,

Sorry to hear you are moving onto retirement, but at the same time I'm glad you're in the position to do so...congratulations!!

Do you remember when I bought my ReQuests back in 1998 and they got to me with a busted box and a dent in one of the panels? Of course you don't, but I remember how ticked off I was and how after I spoke to you I was so impressed at the level of customer service you displayed I couldn't stay mad. I was so impressed that I raved about you to Gayle the one time when I got to speak to him in person.

Thanks for all you've done to make owning a martin Logan product so enjoyable!

Dan

Jim,

While I never had to use your expertise on my previous Logans, I was glad to know that you were there just in case. I hope you've had a fulfilling career with ML and I wish the best in your next set of endeavors.

Cheers my friend!!!

Joey
:bowdown:

Jim,
It is with mixed feelings that I congratulate you on your upcoming retirement. You have deserved the rest and relaxation along with a new lifestyle but will be sorely missed by all in the Martin Logan community.
Your knowledge of ML products and your skills in dealing with customer service are exemplary.
I wish the best for you and many thanks for all the questions you have answered for me concerning my CLS speakers and for the countless others you have helped.
Regards,
rich kent

Happy Retirement, JP

Jim, Best wishes from a fellow retiree. I have appreciated the help you provided on a number of occasions. This usually saved my having to send anything back that could be adjusted at home. Your care for customers is a great example of what all companies should provide. I hope this tradition continues.
Lawrence

I got a nice email back from Jim after sending him a congratulatory email regarding his impending retirement. He is really a class act! He will be missed, but he is certain that his replacements (yes, it will take TWO people to do what he has done for ML) will take good care of all of us!

Back