Issue with Summit Amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey buddy

thanks for the message. Everything works perfectly now. Actually they had sent me a cross over that was not configured correctly and i had to cut a diode to have the low pass go through :D

Yes no reason to get amps through ML. Better from parts express and from Europe from this one ICEPOWER200ASC 200W class D amplifier | Profusion

What would be really interesting if anyone has upgraded their amps to newer models (not Versions) I read a few posts that generally these amps get very warm

hey buddy

thanks for the message. Everything works perfectly now. Actually they had sent me a cross over that was not configured correctly and i had to cut a diode to have the low pass go through :D

Yes no reason to get amps through ML. Better from parts express and from Europe from this one ICEPOWER200ASC 200W class D amplifier | Profusion

What would be really interesting if anyone has upgraded their amps to newer models (not Versions) I read a few posts that generally these amps get very warm
Happiness is when things are working as they should be.

The heat comes mainly from the transformer. It gets too hot to touch. With 2 of these 'heaters' next to it, the back plate gets very warm after a while at the spot just above the dimmer control. Even when on standby, it looks like the amps are still fully on 24/7. Maybe that's why they wear out after 8-9 years on my Summits. I now switch them off when not in use each day.

Back