Issue with center channel level

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mopar04

Reaction score
This issue has only seemed to start happening lately, and it only is happening in a few select instances. When playing most newer video games on PS3 and Xbox360 (Assasin's Creed and Skyrim most recently), as well as certain Bluray discs, the center channel volume is way, way lower than my other speakers and seems to almost be muffled. I've rerun and turned Audyssey on and off, messed with the channel levels, and everything else I can think of, but I can't figure out why it's happening. The volume is fine on all DirecTV stations, Airplay on Dolby music mode (to matrix a center channel signal), and most Blueray movies and Netflix on the PS3. The only fix I've found is to run my AV-7005 in Pure Direct, which bypasses the all processing. I normally have the Marantz in Auto to just select whatever the native audio mode is. Any idea why certain source material would have such weirdly different channel levels? Equipment is in my signature, all interconnects are AQ Carbon HDMIs and Columbia XLRs and RCAs. All firmware is up to date on the AV-7005, and all the content with issues has been 5.1/7.1 Dolby Digital/HD.

Last edited:
Back