Is this normal for full range csl stats ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htrattner

Reaction score
Good morning everyone ,I have a question I own a pair of cls z ii they sound great ,my system is a Wyred4 sound ice amp st-500 (250wtt/8ohm,500wtt/4ohm)jolida tube preamp(music envoy) and jolida tube -cd player, martin Logan cls zii it all sounds unbelieveable.! with that said my question is that if my system is idol(turned off ) when I go to play music the very first time I turn it on sound my one spearker comes on (music played threw it ) a fraction slower then the other ,I mean a slight fraction ,then it plays great no musical problems at all.Now this only occures when my system has been off ,I have switched the ch. with the same results speaker(same one) a tad (fraction slower to come on) it alsmost as if the panel has a delay but after that it sounds great,and only at idol ,if its been on and I change cd / or walk away for awhile there is no delay. Its like one speaker is charged quicker than the other ,but after that it all sounds great ,and this delay is ever so slight , is this normal .Thanks ,Harry ,ca:music:

Last edited:
Good morning everyone ,I have a question I own a pair of cls z ii they sound great ,my system is a Wyred4 sound ice amp st-500 (250wtt/8ohm,500wtt/4ohm)jolida tube preamp(music envoy) and jolida tube -cd player, martin Logan cls zii it all sounds unbelieveable.! with that said my question is that if my system is idol(turned off ) when I go to play music the very first time I turn it on sound my one spearker comes on (music played threw it ) a fraction slower then the other ,I mean a slight fraction ,then it plays great no musical problems at all.Now this only occures when my system has been off ,I have switched the ch. with the same results speaker(same one) a tad (fraction slower to come on) it alsmost as if the panel has a delay but after that it sounds great,and only at idol ,if its been on and I change cd / or walk away for awhile there is no delay. Its like one speaker is charged quicker than the other ,but after that it all sounds great ,and this delay is ever so slight , is this normal .Thanks ,Harry ,ca:music:
Perfectly normal...you have in your CLS IIz a circuit that turns off the high voltage when it is not in use...one of your signal detecting circuit is faster than the other one...no problem...could be a capacitor, usually...no problem...just one faster than the other. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Perfectly normal...you have in your CLS IIz a circuit that turns off the high voltage when it is not in use...one of your signal detecting circuit is faster than the other one...no problem...could be a capacitor, usually...no problem...just one faster than the other. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Thanks, I was going crazy thinking something was wrong . I do love them !!!!

Thanks, I was going crazy thinking something was wrong . I do love them !!!!

Yes, I know...I have one of them too...and also have one of the first models, just the CLS...and both sounds great, different also, but I do love what I listen through them...happy listening,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back