Is the Descent fused internally?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narcosis

Reaction score
I had an 'incident' earlier this week which has caused my new used Descent to cease providing output. it's still seeing power, as the ML logo illuminates. I'm going to start disassembly today, and am wondering if the amp is fused internally. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Resolved. After some debugging my issue was not the Descent, rather the lack of LFE signal.

Not as far as I can remember. I have had the misfortune to require a complete change of all the circuit boards sometime ago and don't remember seeing any fuse on the power supply board.

Edit: Appears our posts crossed. Congrats on your solving the issue. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Descent fuse is on the power input socket

btw i am facing an issue with my descent i. It powers up normally, no issues on stand-by. The moment I switch to power it starts making noise until it gets to the point that it clips

what do you think? Power supply? Maybe some capacitors?

Descent fuse is on the power input socket

btw i am facing an issue with my descent i. It powers up normally, no issues on stand-by. The moment I switch to power it starts making noise until it gets to the point that it clips

what do you think? Power supply? Maybe some capacitors?
The Descent_i emerges from standby mode automatically upon receiving an audio signal. There's no need to "switch".

If you are certain the problem doesn't come from your processor, I suggest you contact ML service. Scott Gribble or Brian Bailey are very helpful, though there might be a delay in response due to the covid-19 situation.

-Ben

The Descent_i emerges from standby mode automatically upon receiving an audio signal. There's no need to "switch".

If you are certain the problem doesn't come from your processor, I suggest you contact ML service. Scott Gribble or Brian Bailey are very helpful, though there might be a delay in response due to the covid-19 situation.

-Ben

Hi Ben

If i leave it on auto the problem continues. It's not the processor, nothing is connected to the sub. It's been very difficult to get them ahold

thank you

Back