inner supply board smoke, burn...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny

Reaction score
I received my inner supply board for my odyssey speaker back from ML, it was sent in for testing. After install it back, it plays for about a minute then it started to smoke. I checked all the wires connection to make sure it is connected correctly but the problem still exist. Does anybody know what is going on or what am I doing wrong? Thank you very much

Hola Johnny. You should contact ML service dept. I am having a great service from Mr. Dana Brown. ([email protected]) Send to him an email, explaining all what had done and all the test you did before. He is a very helpful and a very knowledge person with ML products.

Of course something is wrong. Usually it is a wrong connection. Double check it. On the other hand, you are sure you are providing the right mains AC wall supply voltage. Can you give us a pic from where it is coming the smoke? Is it from the voltage multiplier? Or is it from the xformer? There should not be any excess of heat anywhere of the PSU. There could be a shorted diode, or a cap...but I am just guessing. Dana will guide you to track and solve your problem.

When doing changes, or taking the PSU off the speaker, my advice is: take a pic and do a drawing of cable's connection.

Roberto.

Back