Incredible CD

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnauzer/lover

Reaction score
I have had my Spires for three months now,(think I have 100 hours), And it is so exciting to hear new and old music on them for the first time! So I bought this CD by Ray Lynch,"best Of". Now this may not be your cup of tea, but if you ever want to sell your MLs, this CD takes everythink that the MLs can dish out! Has anyone else heard this CD? I would really like to hear from someone that has heard this CD, maybe I am hallucinating! lol Are there any more CDs out there like this one??:music:

I have a couple of his, including his debut Deep Breakfast, which I think is his best. I forget the name of the other one in my collection. They are GREAT demo discs, with infectious synthesizer melodies, but I still prefer vocals/acoustics to show off what my ML's can do!

Correction, I just pulled out Deep Breakfast and it's apparently NOT synthesized, rather guitar, keyboards, and flute!

Last edited:
Just playing it via Napster through the telly and it sounds good... and the sound on my Sony KDLX2000 IS terrible! Will check it out seriously later...

Not really my cup of tea but definately worth a listen on a good set up.

OK - got it on now - though a dodgy streaming Napster WMA version... the CD will be appreciably better than what I am hearing.

If you like electronic music, there's plenty better out there, musically and sonically. Chemical Brothers, Orbital etc etc. If you like reggae a bit, try The Mad Professor - Dub Maniacs on the Rampage. Totally messed up reggae full of synth - that disc just sounds INCREDIBLE!!!

Last edited:
Note to admin:
I must lodge a formal complaint that members are forcing me to purchase more albums than I would've otherwise. I'm a victim here and I have rights! I demand compensation!:eek::rolleyes:
I've heard of Deep Breakfast and I'm going to try and find a copy after work. William Orbit's work is good also. Madonna's Ray of Light album was a collaboration with Orbit, and is pretty interesting.

Thanks, will check out those Named CDs. The problem I have with female singers in many cases thier voices are so sharp and high it is uncomfortable to my one ear that has tinnitis. But I have found gals with a deeper range like Toni Braxton, I can really enjoy. Once you have the right setup the fun begins looking for those special CDs.

Do not go out and buy "Deep Breakfast", it is the older version, Ray Lynch,"Best Of" has most of the selections and MORE, much improved studio mix. Just got through listening to Deep Breakfast. This is not your typical new age or clang and bangs CD for special effects. To me this is real music, and I gave it the higest rating yet! The cover is purple and of a headless guy in a top hat!lol

Back