In need of a "Comfort" upgrade !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joey, your pics of the "Perfect Chair" reminded me of what I gave to my youngest son in one of my 'weaker' moments, that very same chair ! albeit twenty years old, still the most comfortable recliner I have ever sat in. I see the new ones with leather go for around $1800....gulp ! Mine cost me $850 back in 1985 !

Cherian, your Chair reminds me of the "Ekones" line of chairs that Dane Decor sells, basically a MUCH better variant of what I'm currently using, I'm going to check them out , for I have a Dane Decor close by. Lower back (lumbar) comfort is my issue.

Dave my friend...

The Eames chair is a very topnotch chair. A lot of audiophiles use it in their rooms... I think the chair is about $3-4K. Not sure if the ottoman is included in the price.

Good luck with your comfort upgrade!

The Art Institute of Chicago has an original Eames chair on display. Heck its art. How can you put a price on art?

Dave my friend...

The Eames chair is a very topnotch chair. A lot of audiophiles use it in their rooms... I think the chair is about $3-4K. !

Gulp !!!! out of my league ! The Ekornes Chairs are priced between $1200 - 2300. I was hoping to keep it under a grand but keeping ones back / butt as comfortable as our 'ears' is important !

Dave, your fake Dane leads you in the right direction though. Get the Norwegian original: Stressless by Ekornes. Pics in my sys #137. The head rest is adjustable in height and tilt. Since I am 6'4", my head rest is up. Even in its high position it supports neck and head just right but leaves them ears unobstructed. Best $1800 I ever spent on any furniture!

Usually reliable sources tell me that the chair's construction (ironless steel, wood, leather, barley, hops, water) attenuates digital resonances - great for the Vinyl lover. On the other hand they are too comfortable to get out of every 15 to 25 minutes just to change A sides to B sides.

Besides: :D

Ralf, Iwas at Dane Decor yesterday, I think the model that fits me best is the "Vegas", I'll probably pull the trigger in a week or two.

Dave, Vegas is the model that I have. It is most comfortable, and looks good, too. I predict that you will not regret buying one of these.

However you may have to compete with your family members for "chair time". :D

When you get the Ekornes chair we can found Club Stressless, and establish our own Secret Handshake!

I have the Reno chair and love it. The Ekornes stuff is pricey but will hold up well for many years. Be sure to try the sizes and get the best fit. I wish I'd gotten the smaller Tampa size since I like a snugger fit. The newer models have adjustable tilt foot stools so be sure to the more current foot stool with it.

Craig / Ralf, I have located a dealer in De. (No Tax), and yes the ottoman has the adj tilt, Craig I know what you mean about the 'snug' fit but the "Reno" was a little too snug. I need to give a little thought as to what level/grade of leather to put on it ??

The Ultimate Chair - if you can afford it

The 35 H from Ligne Roset by Frederic Sofia is as close to heaven one can get sitting. It costs as much as a pretty good power amp ($5K or so), but it's the most comfortable chair I have sat in. ( And I have sat in many, having just furnished my house.)

http://www.ligne-roset-usa.com/?sec=products&pid=11&cid=36&rid=406&page=0

The wife vetoed it, however, because she thought it was ugly. She did not even sit in it!

Ended up with the Womb Chair. It is very comfortable also.

http://www.highbrowfurniture.com/seating/products/wombchair/

It's much more comfortable than the Eames. It also looks like a sculpture and enhances one's living space like a great work of art.

Having visited David's lovely house.... I will tell you, Dave, that this man knows his chairs. :)

The 35H looks very modern!

Having visited David's lovely house.... I will tell you, Dave, that this man knows his chairs. :)

The 35H looks very modern!

Yeah , looks just like what I sit in at the Dentist office !! I'm sure it's a great chair though. One thing is for certian were all different, so what You feel is the best chair and what I feel is the best depends on our size, shape , etc.

The thing that impresses me with the Ekornes line is the tremendous amount of flexibilty one has in 'building' THEIR chair.

Yeah , looks just like what I sit in at the Dentist office !! I'm sure it's a great chair though. One thing is for certian were all different, so what You feel is the best chair and what I feel is the best depends on our size, shape , etc.

The thing that impresses me with the Ekornes line is the tremendous amount of flexibilty one has in 'building' THEIR chair.

That's exactly what my wife said!

It is extermely comfortable, though, and based on ergonomic studies, which hopefully take into account our measurements, spine curvatures, etc. Every store should have one of these so men can relax while women shop.

7 years and counting

I have the Reno chair and love it. The Ekornes stuff is pricey but will hold up well for many years. Be sure to try the sizes and get the best fit. I wish I'd gotten the smaller Tampa size since I like a snugger fit. The newer models have adjustable tilt foot stools so be sure to the more current foot stool with it.

I've had my Ekorness, don't remember what model but it was the top model at the time I bought it, and I still love it. Very well made. List was $1,900 and the local dealer sold me the chair for his cost, which was about $1,250. The only thing that's showing wear is the white leather on the armrests. The chair feels "firm" but comfortable enough to sit in for hours without feeling any "hard" spots. And yes, the ears are about 3 - 4"" above the top back of the chair.

Expensive but highly recommended.

GG

9+ years

Let me second the recommendation for Ekorness.

They are wonderful seats.

I have the Royal chair, and my wife has one of the other smaller units and we love them. No problem sitting through a 2.5 hr long movie in those things.

I got the top-of-the-line leather on mine, I forget what it was called, but its baby-bottom smooth and no shinny top coat (requires some extra care). But you never sweat in that like you might on a more processed top-hide.

We've owned them for 9+ years and they are in perfect condition. For the money, they are a really good value long-term.

The one unit I need to get is the sofa. As seen in the pictures of this Danish theater, they sure look great.

http://67.19.167.226/~tdacquis/forum/showpost.php?p=31577&postcount=454

c95b239735b71cedf1d0b440a6e31ddc.JPG

And here’s my theater, showing the two Ekorness (Royal on the right) chairs and yes, a big Panasonic massage chair on the far right. Great for rubbing out the 1.5 hr commute tension before the movie.

HT_3Qtr_Rear_3_sml.JPG

Latest posts

Back