Im looking for a cd player and DAC

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnoliarichj

Reaction score
I recently purchased a cambridge audio 840a version 2. im thinking about getting the matching cd player the 840c. the reason behind this is i like the ability the player has to take a digital input and use the onboard DAC. the question is should i go this way or should i look at another player with similar features. i have an apple tv that i want to use the digital out on. or should i get a seperate DAC? any recs.

If you go the separate DAC route, I have a much-modified California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC I am trying to sell for $300 on Audiogon, together with an MIT digital cable for $250. My username on Audogon is dacostab.

i was looking at the dacmagic from cambridge that comes out this month. What makes a good DAC? what makes a Good CD player.... What Makes a good DVD/BluRAY player...im getting out of buying the best buy circuit city stuff it all kinda is the same there... what the next level?

If you go the separate DAC route, I have a much-modified California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC I am trying to sell for $300 on Audiogon, together with an MIT digital cable for $250. My username on Audogon is dacostab.

...And with what are you replacing your CAL?

I recently purchased a cambridge audio 840a version 2. im thinking about getting the matching cd player the 840c. the reason behind this is i like the ability the player has to take a digital input and use the onboard DAC. the question is should i go this way or should i look at another player with similar features. i have an apple tv that i want to use the digital out on. or should i get a seperate DAC? any recs.

The DAC option will certainly give you more options - such as the AppleTV.

...And with what are you replacing your CAL?
My wife bought me an advance Christmas gift of a PrimaLuna Prologue 8 CDP. I listened to it in Montreal recently, and really liked it. I can hardly wait for it to arrive - any day now. :music:

is the dac in the dacmagic the same as the 840c the 840c has 2 inputs for other devices. i think that might be a better way to go.

Back