im gona buy aerius

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeriusfootinthedoar

Reaction score
hey guys hopefully my deal goes sweet and i can be a member of this elite club and make buddys. my question is , my sony amp aint gona cut it for aerius, can you suggest what i can buy to run them? i dont have any cash so is there an avr thats like under 600 that will power them for now? i need a 7.1 and i plan to get rid of my stinking polks and get all awesome martin logan, i'm an industrial painter , wonder if martin logan co would let me do painting in there factory for the other 5 speakers i will need lol

FWIW I drove my aerius i speakers with a 75 wpc amp for about 3-4 years before upgrading.

Now if your room is large and you listen to the movies/music at loud levels, you might need more punch.

For $600 - that's going to be tough to find a multichannel receiver that delivers the current you need. I would head over to audiogon.com and look for a used sunfire receiver. I don't think you'll find many Sunfire amps for $600 or less.

Also - many of us prefer separates. So you could start with a 2 channel amp and a nice solid state pre-amp and then add another amp(s) for the rear channel and center channel speakers.

I think a few members here like some of the Pioneer and Denon receivers, so there are some decent ones out there.

Other good values can be had:

NAD
Rotel
Outlaw

Erik

I like my Aerius i's. I sold them a couple of years ago when I upgraded that room to MBL101's, but they were VERY nice speakers.

Rotel and Outlaw come to mind for powerful inexpensive good running and sounding amps...

If your receiver has pre outs you could even keep using it as the preamp and use the external amp to get the big power you are looking for. That said, you don't HAVE to run big power to the Aerius to enjoy them!

Best of luck.

You might want to check out the Outlaw Audio RR2150 Stereo Receiver. It's only two-channel but it runs 100 watts per channel. That should be plenty of power for your Aerious if you don't use them in an auditorium. They were running a super special for $500, I believe. I don't know if they are still on sale. The regular price is $699. I have read rave reviews on this amp.

I'm not crazy about "surround sound". More channels in one amp means more compromises to the quality of each individual channel, unless you're willing to shell out several thousand bucks for a top-of-the-line model. You'll get more bang for the buck by going with plain old classic stereo. Besides, about 90 percent of the sound from any source is located up front anyway, especially with music. "Surround sound" is basically a flashy gimmick designed to sell people new equipment, it my opinion. I use my Martin Logan Aerius in stereo only, whether it's listening to music or watching TV.

You would be surprised how lifelike the sound is with just stereo, when using them for telvision and movies. Personally, I'd rather have two great channels than five or six crappy channels.

I use the Rotel RX1050 receiver with my Martin Logans, and I am very satisfied with the results. You might look into that model also. Before that I had a Yamaha integrated amp from the 80's. A good Yamaha might give you nice performance for the price range you are looking at. For something in the 600 dollar range, I would highly recommend you go with stereo rather than surround sound, for the reasons I had previously mentioned. As you already know, Martin Logans are all about fidelity. Better to have two channels of faithful reproduction than six channels of whiz-bang crap.

Latest posts

Back