I'm back, too: can't keep away from cls!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb28451

Reaction score
Years ago had a set up recommended by Klaus Brunge (Symphonic Line) with CLSs. Was "too revealing" and made most of my recordings sound, ummm, "not so fresh". Anyway, like Moses in the wilderness, I've wandered about for many years and am now doing the CLS thing again, but with vastly improved sources, cables, etc. They sound pretty good so far, but I think the panels are a bit tired (buzz in the bass), so I guess I have another step to take by replacing them. I can cross them over higher and steeper but they sound best at 70/24db and they buzz at 125 hz area at higher volumes.

The only good thing is, given my age, darkness of the room and my listening habits, new panels will probably last longer than I will!

Willkommen!

Hi Jeff,

Symphonic Line is known for its transparency, German manufacturers really favor accuracy and transparency über alles!

Try cables with a higher copper content to see if you can soften the edges a bit, otherwise listen to some Plinius or Jeff Rowland pre/power amps and see if you can get some of that midrange warmth back.

My 5c worth

Jeff

Krazi:

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I'm using Acoustic Revive now and am much happier than with earlier Purist Dominus and Transparent Ultra. Of Course, the $10k in Isoclean up front probably helps a bit too.

Latest posts

Back