Illegals to get benifits ????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Is it true that the senate voted to allow illegal aliens to get SS benefits ???

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong ????

Our elected representatives on both sides of the isle have been pushing for this for years I dont know if there are any recent bills but if you search this issue goes back a few years with most of our reps. being for it.

"Spreading the wealth"

Might this be a way to collect the appropriate taxes off of them? don't know - I would hope there would be some logical reasoning here that would make sense....

Seriously, can you imagine any Senator voting to allow immigrants who are clearly in violation of the law to get SS benefits. I don't care how progressive one is; politically that is suicide. Like much of what is posted, the truth is not as simple as it seems. Check out what was actually debated and voted on by the Senate http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/socialsecurity.asp

In this light it does seem that if someone paid into SS and then became documented they should at least receive credit for what they legitimately paid into the system.

Thanks for the link to the Snopes article interesting to see who voted yea from Delaware and Illinois.

Last edited:
In this light it does seem that if someone paid into SS and then became documented they should at least receive credit for what they legitimately paid into the system.

ONLY if they followed the law and said imigration policies from the begining. I know of a company that had supposedly hired "legals" that in fact turned out not to be. Now do they deserve their withholdings back in any way , shape or form....me thinks NOT !! For if one 'pays into the system' under false pretense, there's nothing legitimate about that ! Send them back where they came from !!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to the Snopes article interesting to see who voted yea from Delaware and Illinois.

From the Snopes site:

In a nutshell, the amendment referenced above wasn't about “giving illegal aliens Social Security benefits”; it was about whether formerly illegal aliens (who had since become legal) should be credited for monies they themselves had paid into the Social Security fund while they were in the U.S. Illegally. The senators listed above did not vote in favor of this proposition; they voted to withdraw the amendment from consideration.

Just in case someone got the idea that those that voted wanted to give illegals S.S. Notice that both repubs and demos voted to withdraw it.

The senators listed above did not vote in favor of this proposition; they voted to withdraw the amendment from consideration.

Just in case someone got the idea that those that voted wanted to give illegals S.S. Notice that both repubs and demos voted to withdraw it.

I see, said the blind man !!

Latest posts

Back