If I had an extra $700 - turntable lust

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Tim, the term "audio jewelry" implies that they look good without sounding good, which is not necessarily the case.

I suppose it could be interpreted that way. I'm speaking from my current point of reference with the products I design in lighting. We have our "white good" brands and our Architectural products - the A fixtures on a job that are intended for the most prominent spaces. We refer to them as lighting jewelry because of their upscale construction and appearance. They actually have even better performance for the most part because they are the A fixtures on the job.

That's the perspective I was coming from.

http://www.michell-engineering.co.uk/history.html

After I posted, I had a feeling I might be wrong after some further thought. I think it's probably because Oracle came to the UK after the Michell Gyrodec mark 1 was released... but to be honest, I am not even sure of that.

Unless you consider the Oracle a rip of the Transcriptors...

The Orbe came out a long time after the Gyrodec, FWIW.

So some apology due, Tim:) Soz...

Actually, that was just what I thought of when I saw the Oracle, it reminded me of the transcriptors, but I had a friend with one and when we put them side by side, the technical aspects of the suspension, etc were a lot diff.

But seriously, if you break it down, there are probably only about 6 real variations on the table theme, pertaining to suspension and mass, etc.

All can be made to work pretty well with careful setup.

Back