I just bought a Bose System!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True story, a high end store in the Boston area, some time ago sold to Bose R&D Quad electrostatics. I believe it was 8 of them. And yes, from talking to a few folks at Bose they are some serious audiophiles up there who are engineers (nice personal home systems),but the company they work for does not play in the high end arena.

But lately I have noticed the mids on the new Bose products (QC15s headphones,and latest wave radio) are more getting more transparent in comparison to the older Bose gear.

But lately I have noticed the mids on the new Bose products (QC15s headphones,and latest wave radio) are more getting more transparent in comparison to the older Bose gear.

Bose, ever since i was aware of the company, applied the philosophy of "Sound Everywhere." They designed cabinets with speakers pointing in all directions, even purposely using front wall reflection as a means of delivering sound. My rear Bose speakers have woofers firing at 90 degrees, and tweeters aimed at 45 degrees. It seems that they were trying for transparency for some time.

BTW, i heard the wave radio in different settings and think its incredible. That is definitely some nice sound engineering considering the footprint.

Back