HT Set up question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kovacsr

Reaction score
Thanks in advance
I am in a enjoyable dilemma
My speakers are as follows
Pair of voyages, Stage Center for the front
that was the easy part . . .
Now I have the room to go 7.1 so
I picked up a pair of Script i's on close out and also
a pair of passages and tickets. Are the New Helos 100 in ceiling worth discussing??:confused:
Does mismatching the electrostats with the pasage and the scripts
screw up the listening environment, so do I sell the scripts and go with
the passages and tickets? what combination works best.
The rest of my set up, Integra 9.8, Cary 7 Channel Amp, PS3 and Pio
elite 95, Descent i sub, using a projector for viewing. Everything still in boxes !!!!

Generally matching rear channel speakers with your mains is more important for multi-channel music like DVD-A or SACD. For home theater, the rear and side channel speakers aren't even getting full-range sound, in fact they often cut off around 12khz and don't go below 120hz. If you go through the theater setup on the Onkyo it might have setting for rear-channel frequency range like my Lexicon did.

For a 7.1 system, you'll want dipoles for the side speakers and regular speakers for your rear channels. (generally) You'll find spending a lot of $$$ on rear channel speakers approaches diminishing returns a lot faster than most other components. You're better of sticking with that you have, in fact your money might be better spent by getting a 2nd sub than getting tru-stats for the rear channel.

Back