How fast do you guys type?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried it again.... 78wpm. Somehow, if I didnt keep hitting backspace, I could be faster. But meh... it's ok. I remember when I clocked in like 19wpm when we were tested back in 7th grade. Tested but not taught.. I remember.

Oh.... and besides the typing program, I remember launching the program "Oregon Trails"! That was a cool game...

Ok enough rambling...:D .

"Your speed was: 1518wpm. You made 90 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:"

It said to copy the text... so "[ctrl+c]" & "[ctrl+v]" and done. I don't know how there were any errors! :D

"Your speed was: 34wpm." Damn. I suck.

I spend too much time on the computer at work and home. In the jet, our keyboards are laid out alphabetically though instead of the qwerty style.
anyone have that blackberry pearl? I was thinking of getting one but having two letters per key is kinda scaring me off

You get used to it. Initially it was a bit strange, but you need to let the machine match the correct words as you type. Plus, it builds up a dictionary of used words so that it adapts to your business/professional/industry vocabulary. It's not for typing a lot of text--I felt more comfortable typing longer texts with the older Blackberries.

That's one of the reasons I didn't get the PEARL, cause I didn't like the SureType keyboard.

And then I found out I'm happy without my Crackberry! :D

ok, maybe I will get something like the BB Curve. It is only slightly larger than the pearl. In the end, I am going to wait until Novemer...by then they should support WiFi.

I've only given myself two tests...

101 the first time with 1 error
106 the second time with 1 error

Damn, used to get up into the 140 range when I was a teen. Oh well, the need for typing out messages while in the middle of virtual air-combat or "pwn'n n00bs" in first person games are long gone....

LOL... The fastest I've gone in a car is in the 140's, and the car couldn't go any faster haha...

I was still a good 20mph off the top speeds of those cars I went those speeds in! The S4 will go close to 170 if you put narrow rear wheels on it and take of wipers and mirrors, 163 if you leave them, and the GTS's will go almost 180 and the 996TT will do 185ish! I look forward to the day I have a 997TT parked in the garage! They say they are good for 190 or 195! YEOW! Doubt I will ever find room for that run, not sure I want to make that one anyway. I have to say though there was NO DRAMA AT ALL w/ the other cars at the speeds I have taken them. Just like driving down the highway at 70...no biggie AT ALL! AMAZING!

I was still a good 20mph off the top speeds of those cars I went those speeds in! The S4 will go close to 170 if you put narrow rear wheels on it and take of wipers and mirrors, 163 if you leave them, and the GTS's will go almost 180 and the 996TT will do 185ish! I look forward to the day I have a 997TT parked in the garage! They say they are good for 190 or 195! YEOW! Doubt I will ever find room for that run, not sure I want to make that one anyway. I have to say though there was NO DRAMA AT ALL w/ the other cars at the speeds I have taken them. Just like driving down the highway at 70...no biggie AT ALL! AMAZING!

The drama isn't getting there so much as coming down from there, especially before you wanted too! ;)

The drama isn't getting there so much as coming down from there, especially before you wanted too! ;)

Yea, it can be! I think there is more drama on 2 wheeled machines coming down from big speed than 4 wheelers though. Even the times I have spun off a race track at high rates of speed (close to 100 mph! YEOW!) it was no biggie in the cars... Going off track on the moto-X race bike could get your attention though and I can only imagine how bad it would have been to exit the track on the sport bike! YUCK! One of the big road race series this past weekend had two riders exiting the track together at greater than 120 I think they said! Looked VERY BAD, but they both got up and walked away!

Oi I would never dare to ride a bike at that speed, I'm just too chicken s***...

As far as cars go... I'd LOVE to own a Porsche some day as a fun car, but not now, not yet :D

Yea, it can be! I think there is more drama on 2 wheeled machines coming down from big speed than 4 wheelers though. Even the times I have spun off a race track at high rates of speed (close to 100 mph! YEOW!) it was no biggie in the cars... Going off track on the moto-X race bike could get your attention though and I can only imagine how bad it would have been to exit the track on the sport bike! YUCK! One of the big road race series this past weekend had two riders exiting the track together at greater than 120 I think they said! Looked VERY BAD, but they both got up and walked away!

The good thing about the track is everyone is going the same direction. :D And, generally you can't get up to the same speeds as you can on the street. Also, there is usually ample runoff where you're likely to get into trouble -- except Sears Point. An example of woo vs go that comes to mind is during a warm up session at LVMS in my spec-Miata. We were using part of the tri-oval and I was trying different lines, staying low on the appron or going high. At the end of the straight, since the whole ovall part was full-throttle for me, I was on the high line diving down into the kink at the bottom. Sevearl cars were trying the appron approach when one car lost sideways in the corner as I was diving down scrubbing some speed to make the turn. Well I had to scrub way more than a little speed which was full of a lot more drama than the high speed cruise around the oval... BTW, in the Miata high speed was a earth shaking 113! My Ruf would have been coming in at more like 140+.

Your point about bikes is absoutely right! I'll leave that for the true speed junkies. :bowdown:

BTW, in the Miata high speed was a earth shaking 113! My Ruf would have been coming in at more like 140+.

I bet the Ruf would have been WELL OVER 140! I suspect closer to 160! On TMS w/ a chicane on the front straight my 320HP 3600# 928S4 (we use the whole oval at TMS too and come in off the back "straight" into the infield same as LVMS) was doing 120mph 2X on each lap and 105ish one other time. BORING track, but it was a brake killer! This was back in '99 I think and I was smoking Boxster S's because there was so much high speed work!

I bet the Ruf would have been WELL OVER 140! I suspect closer to 160!

Maybe, hard to say since they had a chicane in place. Without the chicane it diffinitely would've. All I know is don't do vegas in August! Daytime temps around 120 and over 160 in the car. Car didn't like it either and blew the motor halfway through the second race... errg!

Latest posts

Back