High End Audio site for Women!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see the presidents pic ! :D She can come over any time !

I'd be curious to know if this site establishes any following.

By the way, the picture they have in their showrooms section is very feminine indeed, but also very nice looking. I wouldn't mind having that setup.

Supposedly women have better hearing, but I did not see any turntables.

On her HOME page, she states her focus is "ease of use," and in her IDEAS commentary, admits her husband :)() is the true audiophile. I'm sure if her husband has any say, she'll offer some TT recommendations/systems soon enough!

All in all, a very impressive site and concept!

Supposedly women have better hearing, but I did not see any turntables.

its all that static,hiss and noise that keeps them away from turntables a good woman knows digital is the only way to go!

The concept is really intriguing, but for being "concerned about design" she's got a pretty limited amount of lines to choose from.

I've heard those speakers and while they are ok, they aren't any big deal for that kind of money.

I would expect a shop geared towards women would be more Naim, Meridian, and a few other European brands that are very stylish, easy to use and much higher performance than Cary and LSA... Even Nagra would be another brand I'd consider. Very stylish high performance and compact.

But still very interesting. Good to see more women getting involved either way.

My wife has just had a quick look at the site. She thinks it is clearly designed by a male and wonders why there are not any cute looking guys on it. The females have been sexualised so one would assume they are trying to attract males. Maybe they are not aware of the research indicating that women largely control the expenditure of households.

Kevin

My take is it's just a marketing angle. The site presentation, the choice of equipment, etc. all scream traditional male-oriented equipment/specs first, usability second.

Even style is not well represented in their choices.

As Jeff says, there are any number of vertically integrated product lines that combine usability and looks.

For the cost of some of their systems, one would be crazy not to go with Meridian or Linn. Much better styling and awsome usability.

My sister in law's system is simply a CEC transport feeding Meridian 6000?

Her (female) architect still had kittens when she stated that the speakers would be well off the walls.

Kevin

Agreed. Good call on the Linn stuff too. I know a few women that have Linn systems in their houses.

Another thing that I thought funny about the site was the "I'll help you get a better system than the boys" thing. Every single woman I've ever talked to about hifi has said, that they love music but hate the competitiveness of guys in the audio hobby.

So, KWR you have a very observant wife!

But I dropped her an email, because if she really is selling to female customers, I'd love to pick her brains a bit. I always tell my friends that if they can get their wifes/girlfriends interested in music enough that good hifi becomes an "US" purchase vs a "Me" purchase, that's half the game right there.

My wife is pushing for a pair of these Meridian active speakers for the living room since the day I got them out of the box.

So who knows!

Latest posts

Back