Hi from Caracas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REYNALDO CAMEJO

Reaction score
Ave. Las Acacias Res. Las Cumbres, Caracas - Venez
Hi guys, 6 months ago I bought a couple used ML SL3 that are driven by a Rotel RSP-1066 Surround Processor and a Rotel RMB-1075 Amplifier. The med & high frecuencies sounds are very poor. I already vacuumed and cleaned the electrostatic panels without any improvement. Besides when I turn the volume to a louder setting for a while the amplifier shuts down for thermal protection.
I will appreciate any suggestions or recomendations that you may have.

Regards,

Rey.

Hi guys, 6 months ago I bought a couple used ML SL3 that are driven by a Rotel RSP-1066 Surround Processor and a Rotel RMB-1075 Amplifier. The med & high frecuencies sounds are very poor. I already vacuumed and cleaned the electrostatic panels without any improvement. Besides when I turn the volume to a louder setting for a while the amplifier shuts down for thermal protection.
I will appreciate any suggestions or recomendations that you may have.

Regards,

Rey.

Sounds like your amp is not handling the load of the speakers.... have you tried other amps?

You may want to check you voltage coming out of the wall to see that you are not operating in brown out condition. I understand that electricity is becoming scarce in Caracas due to the lack of rain and the utiliies have been cutting back voltage to curtail usage.

I used a Rotel 1080 and 1075, each for a while, on the ML Source and Vista. I was having similar results until I moved to Sunfire amp to power the speakers. The older ML models are especially difficult to drive.

Back