Help with Purity install.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here. I am trying to install my new Purity's direct from my Av processor (Emotiva UMC-1) and get no sound at all. Do I need to go through the amp even though the signal will be cancelled? (I bought a 5ch. amp, Emptica XPA-5) Do I need to send a strong signal to the speaker to trigger the internal amp or I'm doing something wrong? Maybe buy a cheaper 2 ch. amp?

Hi Sal,

You shouldn't need any amp with the Purities. Any preamp signal should trigger them. Do you have a way to test your system? I don't know anything about the UMC-1, but I would try a different output on it to see if it can work. I had Purities running off of a USP-1 and they were great.
You might also check on the emotiva forums to make sure you have things hooked up properly.
Good Luck!
mandd

Hola. At the instruction book, look the rear figure, and what you need to do is connect a pair of RCA cables from Zone 2, No. 7 at the rear diagran. Zone 2 has the volume variable. The other connections do not. If you are in a stereo set up, this is the way to do it. Happy listening.
PS...Please note: Zone 2 audio sources apply only to analog inputs (unless set to sync). When set to sync, it takes the 2 channel down mix of whatever source is running in the main zone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back