Help me decide about E.T.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockeratheart

Reaction score
Hello all, I received the 20th Anniversary Edition of E.T. for Christmas. I love that movie, but I am struggling with my displeasure of how it was "visually enhanced". Has anyone seen this and know what I'm talking about?

The scenes where they altered E.T. and his actions, motions, and facial expressions takes away from the movie now. I don't know if it's snobbish purity that makes me want it the way it was, but when he is escaping from the adults at the beginning and he is now LEAPING through the brush or when he is clearly making more expressions with his mouth/face I notice every one.

If anyone can help me understand how this could help the movie, please let me know. Talk me down. Anyway, I still enjoy the movie . . . I guess.

Thanks,

-23F here in Minneapolis. Brrrr.

ben

Is it BD or standard. I do not have it , but need it in BD for my collection.

Good to see you on line Rocker., I still thank you for the disk of your band. I love it you guys rock. :rocker:

We are at a balmy 0 *

Last edited:
thanks, C.A.P.

Still on the constant quest to get a pair of MartinLogans. Still set on either CLS or quest/request/questZ.

It's standard. Music sounds good, I believe the movie might be in Dolby Digital EX. Not sure.

I don't have a BlueRay player yet. Looking to get that this summer probably.

Ben

I tried to watch it, but I hated it for the same reasons. The original is much better! I also won't watch the original Star Wars trilogy post "enhancement" for that same reason. Fortunately the originals are in the special features discs. They're the remastered versions done in the 90s when they came out on tape, and they did a good job on them.

Hello all, I received the 20th Anniversary Edition of E.T. for Christmas. I love that movie, but I am struggling with my displeasure of how it was "visually enhanced". Has anyone seen this and know what I'm talking about?

You know you're an audiophile when you see this thread's title and start thinking about Emminent Technologies tone arms! :)

Back