Hello to all.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My qualification for this forum -- my "anchor baby" -- is a Dynamo subwoofer. Beyond that, my system consists of 6 DefTech ProMonitor 800s, an Onkyo 606 receiver and an Oppo BDP-83.

I've been following the thread on ML moving its manufacturing, and I share the fear that one commenter expressed so aptly in discussing the new Motions, that ML might become the new Bose. My own first whiff of that fear came in reading the copy for the Dynamo 500. Where the old Dynamo's copy said, "Although ports are a convenient and cost-effective way of increasing low-frequency output, they rely on resonant energy in a way that impairs bass quality," the Dynamo 500's just says, "Ports are a convenient and cost-effective way of increasing low-frequency output." Uh-oh. I note that the Dynamo 700 and 1000 are still sealed systems, but still...

All that said, I'm strongly interested in the Motion 400. It's within my budget, and if it gets a couple of good golden-ear reviews I just might go for it.

Welcome to the forum.

I've been following the thread on ML moving its manufacturing, and I share the fear that one commenter expressed so aptly in discussing the new Motions, that ML might become the new Bose. My own first whiff of that fear came in reading the copy for the Dynamo 500. Where the old Dynamo's copy said, "Although ports are a convenient and cost-effective way of increasing low-frequency output, they rely on resonant energy in a way that impairs bass quality," the Dynamo 500's just says, "Ports are a convenient and cost-effective way of increasing low-frequency output." Uh-oh. I note that the Dynamo 700 and 1000 are still sealed systems, but still...

Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out. It is just another prime example of Martin Logan's new emphasis on producing lower quality products to meet lower and lower price points, while focusing on greater use of marketing hype to try to pretend otherwise. I fear the stellar high end brand built over thirty years of producing top-notch products is quickly being diluted and tarnished by current management. What a shame.

Back