Hello...I'm addicted to home theater.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phred640

Reaction score
Good evening, folks...fairly new to this extremely addicting and not to mention slimming hobby. By slimming I am of course referring to my wallet. <insert chuckles> i JUST ordered my first pair of MartinLogans - the Motion 10's. I know, I know.....shoulda held out for the 12's at least, but I just could not pass up the deal. I heard the Ethos a while back and thought to myself, "what do I need to sell to get these today?" Then I heard the 12's, obviously not nearly as impressive as the Ethos..I felt I found my compromise. Saw the 10's online for a good deal and pulled the trigger without a second thought. Now I patiently await their arrival...

My current setup...

Sharp LC-60LE830U
Pioneer VSX-819k
HSU Research Ventriloquist 6.1 (STF-2)
Sources: DirecTV, PS3, Xbox360

...I incessantly search the web for information on how to improve the theater experience in my home (its a rental so its limited). Currently, I am slowly beginning to upgrade my system...hopefully future-proofing as best as I can (TV was upgraded from a 42" Vizio plasma).

...any and all advice will be considered.

.o2

Take a look at my system thread in my signature, I pretty much started out the same and upgraded as I could. I started with receiver and speakers and then worked up to an amplifier, better wires, better receiver, acoustically treating the room, etc. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back